Accounting & Finance, Banking, Computer & IT
ThruTalk is hiring Dialer Managers to help administer the backend of the ThruTalk calling platform. This is a part-time, hourly position. It will be 25-40 hrs per week and the position will last through the end of November 2020. Applicants can choose to work as little as 25 hours but 40 hours is preferred and is available for those who want it. Dialer Managers typically work 5-6 hour shifts to provide coverage while the dialing service is open for calls and 3-6 hour shifts to provide list loading help. The Dialer has variable hours, but can be open from 10 am Eastern to 12 am (midnight) Eastern, 7 days a week. This means schedule availability and flexibility are important. Shifts start as early as 8 am Eastern and end as late as 1 am Eastern.
Serve as the primary backend administrator on ThruTalk during set hours. Live administration includes but is not limited to:
- Live pacing of calling services
- Work with technology systems and various tools to view data and diagnose issues
- Managing and directing the paid clickers during your shift
- List loading and management
- Experience with ThruTalk, administering a dialer, and/or experience running a calling program
- A demonstrated interest and/or involvement in progressive politics
- Working knowledge of how campaign field programs are run as it relates to phone banking
- Familiarity with the election cycle in terms of important dates and overall schedule
- Willingness and ability to learn brand new, complex systems and platforms that may fluctuate on a regular basis
- Experience working on computers and web based applications. This is a technology-heavy job.
- Ability to work at a rapid pace. This is a fast-paced work environment.
- Extremely detail oriented. Our system requires a great deal of accuracy and precision to run properly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including a high comfort level with screen-share communications
- Excels at collaborating with a fully remote team
- Asks for help and is committed to continual improvement
- Ability to work non-traditional hours that increase around key peak election cycle dates
- Experience working remotely
- Previous experience as a Dialer Monitor is preferred
While experience matters, we also believe that most skills can be learned, and we care as much about work ethic, creativity, determination, and cultural fit.
This is a remote position. You can work from anywhere in the US as long as you are available for your shifts during US hours, have excellent internet, and the work gets done.
All job duties are performed on a computer and involve heavy use of our technology platforms. Dialer Managers use their own computers for the position. A laptop or desktop computer is required and an external mouse is recommended. An external monitor is provided. Netbooks, Chromebooks, and tablets are not suitable for the position. Applicants must have fast, reliable internet.
- $18 / hour for List Loading only and Dialer Manager in-training
- $20 / hour for Dialer Manager
- Paid sick leave
- Vacation leave is accrued for hourly employees that are regularly scheduled 20+ hours a week, prorated for an equivalent rate of 3 weeks / year
- Paid Holidays throughout the year
GetThru operates a peer-to-peer text messaging platform (ThruText) and telephone dialing tool (ThruTalk) that political campaigns and other organizations use for large scale 1-to-1 communication. GetThru has worked with more than 1,000 clients who have sent over 180 million text messages and made more than 40 million dials through our tools. GetThru was launched in 2016 by veterans of the Bernie Sanders distributed organizing team to improve on the tools we used running voter contact programs, and we’re most excited about helping progressive politicians and organizations. We also believe in building a sustainable business, so we are actively expanding into other markets that could benefit from this technology, including working with more than 50 educational institutions. We have been profitable from day one without VC funding.
About Our Team
ThruTalk has its roots in the Bernie Sanders campaign, where our founding team ran the “Bernie Dialer” that made over 75 million dials during the 2016 primary. We built ThruTalk to improve on the tools we used running Bernie Dialer, and our core business is working with progressive politicians and organizations.
How to Apply
Please submit the application form with a resume and cover letter that explains why you want to work for ThruTalk. Tell us why field and calling are important to you, what experiences make you a good fit, and why you are excited about this job in particular. There will be a second-round skills assessment for qualifying applications.
Company – GetThru
Website – https://www.getthru.io/