Design Research Intern
To be the World’s Most Loved Children’s Brand, we need the best people to join our team! Radio Flyer holds a special place in people’s hearts. Radio Flyer transports people to a happy time, to the best parts of childhood, a time when anything was possible. For over 100 years, our company has produced innovative toys that inspire active play, bring smiles, and create warm memories that last a lifetime. Beyond our classic Little Red Wagon, Radio Flyer invents and designs some of the most recognizable tricycles, ride-on, scooters and battery-operated vehicles in the industry.
Radio Flyer has consistently been recognized as a top workplace and received numerous awards such as, Fortune’s Best Small & Medium Workplaces, Entrepreneur and CultureIQ’s Top Company Culture, Wall Street Journal’s Top Small Workplaces, the Daily Herald’s Best Places to Work in Illinois, and Crain’s Best Places to Work. Radio Flyer is a recognized leader in the toy industry, headquartered in Chicago and led by Robert Pasin, grandson of the company founder.
We are committed to a culture that embraces feedback, collaboration, and innovation to achieve great results and drive business growth. At Radio Flyer we live by the Little Red Rule, “Every time we touch people’s lives, they will feel great about Radio Flyer!”
The Design Research Intern position will play a key role in the continued growth and success of the company. Working with the Design Research Lead you will research new product categories to find insights that lead to innovative new product concepts and help to grow the business.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Conducting secondary research such as product review mining, analysis of expert articles, evaluating user generated content to find product pain points and uncover consumer needs.
- Synthesis research findings into key insights and present out to Product Development team members.
- Participate in consumer interviews with the Design Research team by assisting with note taking and documentation.
- Structuring and participating in Product Development brainstorms to create new product concepts based on research findings that help grow the business.
- The ideal candidate will be a college junior or senior, majoring in Industrial Design, Psychology, Anthropology, Social Science, or another related field.
- Availability to work remotely; up to 10 hours per week late December 2020 to late January 2021
- Resumes can be accompanied by a sample portfolio that shows breadth and depth in design research experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, and basic knowledge in Excel
Above all, the individual must commit to our values:
FUN-omenal Customer Experiences
Live with Integrity
Yes I Can
Excellence in Everything
Responsible for Success
We are looking for people who live our values and support our vision and mission!
At Radio Flyer, we appreciate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and are a proud equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Company – Radio Flyer Inc.