Pay: $43,188 – $45,500 a year
Full Job Description
The Information Science (INFO) department within the College of Media, Communication, and Information (CMCI) encourages applications for a Department Assistant! As the point of contact for all administrative matters concerning the department, you will provide general administrative and faculty support for the department offices.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
INFO within CMCI has a faculty with a diversity of backgrounds and interests that constitutes a shared dedication to progressive visions of Information Science. Our current faculty have training in multiple subject areas that include Art, Business, Cognitive Science, Communication, Computer Science, Computer-Supported Cooperative Work, Data Science, Education, Human-Computer Interaction, Humanities, Informatics, Law, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Media Studies, Philosophy, Psychology, and Science and Technology Studies.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Schedule rooms and calendars, and represent INFO and CMCI at committee meetings; attend faculty meetings to record meeting minutes.
- Build courses, compile instructor schedule requirements, perform class updates, advise and prepare course revision forms and manage waitlists.
- Open and close the office, welcome internal and external customers, field office communications and inquiries, and distribute mail.
- Purchase furniture and equipment within the department budget, troubleshoot office equipment, and forward requests for general building maintenance and issues.
- Arrange travel and process reimbursements including accurate documentation and receipts.
- Supervise student hourly employees by delegating tasks, managing performance, and providing coaching.
Department Communications and Event Planning
- Act as communication liaison, create and distribute newsletter, audit and update website, manage listserv registrations, and lead department social media and marketing.
- Develop policies and procedures for department events and management ensuring efficiency and effectiveness. Secure venues and coordinate arrangements for receptions and catering.
What You Should Know
This position will work remotely for the foreseeable future due to campus safety precautions around COVID-19 but will be expected to work from campus when restrictions are lifted and normal business operations resume.
What We Can Offer
The salary range for this position is $43,188 – $45,500 annually.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Informed. Be Supportive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- 3 years of general clerical experience. (Substitution: college or university course work – appropriate to the work assignment may substitute on year-for-year basis.)
- Current resident in the state of Colorado.
What You Will Need
- Outstanding professionalism and maturity in all interactions with a proven effectiveness in both written and oral communications.
- Results-oriented organizational skills and attention to detail with a shown ability to effectively work in an environment with multiple interruptions while providing outstanding customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive independently as well as on a team in both an office setting and remote environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn new business systems, practices, and structures at a higher education institution.
- Sensitivity to, and appreciation of, cultural, political, and geographical differences with an ability to work well with students, faculty, and staff from around the world.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience working with faculty and students in a university environment.
- Experience with financial and travel systems.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
- DD-214 for veteran applicants.
- Qualified veterans are eligible for veteran’s preference points within the State classified system. If you are a veteran and would like to have your DD214 evaluated to determine your eligibility for preference points, please attach a copy of your DD214 to this posting. If you do not wish to upload a DD214, please email a copy to email@example.com or send via fax at 303-492-4693 and reference the job to which you are applying.
- If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.Please apply by January 28, 2021 for consideration.Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Company – University of Colorado Boulder
Website: https://www.colorado.edu/Click Here to Apply