Consulting, Healthcare Consultant, Medical & Health, Dental, Medical Coding
The Medical Coding Specialist, Dental will be responsible for reviewing dental specialty cases for coding completeness and accuracy for both the facility and professional fee coding. This role will build solid, profitable relationships with clientele and internal staff through the delivery of exceptional customer service characterized by mutual respect, understanding, and trust.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Reviews medical records as assigned for complete and accurate documentation of all relevant diagnoses and procedures
- Responsible for coding CPT/CDT coding and billing for dentistry
- Subspecialties of dentistry to include: general dentistry, sleep clinic, oral pathology, prosthodontics, periodontology, endodontics, pediatric dentistry, and oral maxilofacial surgery
- Using each facility’s guidelines, assign the facility E&M code.
- Adheres to guidelines as set forth by CMS, AAPC and AHIMA
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all patient information in accordance with HIPAA
- Works closely with the client, co-workers and management to meet the specific needs of each assignment in alignment with Intellis’ core values
- Effectively utilizes computer software based on the specific client requirements
- Keeps abreast of coding guidelines, as published in CPT Assistant, Coding Clinic, and maintains a working knowledge of prospective payment systems as it relates directly to the coding process.
- Maintain coding credential requirements.
- Maintains coding productivity standards for each specific account.
- Maintains a 95% coding accuracy rate.
- Communicates identified concerns to coding management for resolution.
- 3+ years experience in CPT/CDT coding and billing for dentistry
- Candidate must possess a credential such as CCS, CPC, CPC-H, CIC, RHIT or RHIA
- Experience with Axium software is preferred
- Teaching facility experience preferred
Key Success Attributes:
- Demonstrate strong commitment to a team environment
- Demonstrate well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Exhibit strong drive for results and success
- Possess strong time management and organizational skills
- Commitment and adherence to company Core Values
Company – IntellisClick Here to Apply