Writing, Education, Medical
Achieve is seeking a Dental Hygienist independent contractor who will be responsible for creating course content (lectures, assessments, etc.) for adults preparing to take the National Board of Dental Hygiene Exam (NBDHE). The curriculum writer is expected to have taken the exam (or another similar exam) themselves and have experience writing instructional material (in either an educational or professional setting) regarding dental hygiene. The Dental Hygienist independent contractor must also possess a deep understanding of any other related topics as they relate to dental hygiene such as Biology, Chemistry, Math, etc. The curriculum writer will be working mostly autonomously under the guidance of the Curriculum Supervisor. He/she will be expected to meet project deadlines, follow in-house style guides, and make use of educational best practices. This position is project-based. After the content is created, there will be an opportunity to teach the preparation course (if desired), but teaching is not contingent on becoming the curriculum writer.
Essential Job Duties
- Create course content that aligns to exam standards and follows company style guides
- Write curriculum materials such as PowerPoint presentations, assessments, and other additional materials as requested
- Use standard English grammar and usage when writing to convey messages in a clear and concise manner
- Accept and incorporate feedback to produce the strongest final product.
- Provide accurate and timely updates to the Curriculum Supervisor regarding project status.
- Experience as a Dental Hygienist
- Knowledgeable of Dental Hygiene and related content
- Superior writing skills; able to produce clear, engaging, and concise text
- Ability to perform careful, detail-oriented work under time constraints
- Must have a general understanding of the National Board of Dental Hygiene Examination (NBDHE) standards
Proficient with Microsoft Office (You will be expected to provide your own software.)
- Schedule: Flexible, Part-Time
- Location: Home-based OUTSIDE of the USA – see list of countries Achieve operates
- Travel: None
To be considered for this position you MUST apply for the job directly through the Achieve website (3rd party applications will not be accepted) AND you will need to answer all pre-screener questions. Failure to comply with both will result in immediate rejection.
Why Work for Achieve Test Prep?
We believe our employees empower our company and are the reason for our success. We are the nation’s largest educational consultant and test prep center specializing in credit-by-examination degree paths, headquartered in Wayne, New Jersey.
Achieve helps students bypass all of the busywork associated with taking certain college courses the traditional way, by instead passing just one test-out exam.
Employee engagement and development is one of the keys to our success at Achieve! Embracing a work-from-home model for the entire company, all employees enjoy a better work-life balance through flexible work schedules. We offer on-the-job training and career advancement opportunities. Does Achieve sound like the place for you?
Company – Achieve Test PrepClick Here to Apply