Mgr Procurement 3
Full Job Description
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career. As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You craft and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results. If this is YOU…keep reading! Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Manager of Procurement 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA. The selected leader will manage a program or a function within the larger organizational unit, setting and operating to objectives and provide mentorship to subordinates based on goals, objectives and company policy. Essential Functions:
- Manage multiple procurement teams of up to 50 employees with 5 direct reports across various commodities. Supporting procurement team in areas of policies and procedures, sourcing, training, and development
- Engage suppliers that possess products that support multiple programs and/or significant quantity to achieve mutual desired outcomes and formalizes the relationship in the form of a long term agreement
- Plan, organize, and assign procurement resources, ensuring they are well matched (knowledge/skills/experience) to their assigned duties. Responsible for all projects assigned to the organizational group
- Advisor to lower level managers and exempt employees; helps meet established schedules or resolve technical or operational problems. Typically accomplishes results through lower level(s) of management or exempt employees
- Provide an independent review of procurement products and procurement compliance packages prior to delivery or review and presentation to Audit, program, and GSC Leadership
- Review proposals, negotiate prices, select or recommend suppliers, analyze trends, follow-up orders placed, verify delivery, approve payment, and maintain vital records
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our “Selecting the Best Qualified Managers” video! www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo. The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Master’s Degree and 3 years of experience or a Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of experience OR a High School diploma/ equivalent and 9 years proven experience in supply chain, procurement and/or similar related industries.
- Experience with SAP procurement module
- Experience with FAR/DFARs and terms and conditions
- 1 year experience leading individuals and/or projects
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA or Masters in Supply Chain Management
- International Buying Certification
- Leadership Development Certification
- Active Secret Clearance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Project, Powerpoint and Excel)
- Ability to deal effectively with competing priorities and deadlines, and able to lead multiple tasks in a fast paced environment while demonstrating a professional attitude
- Preferred experience procuring raw materials, composites, castings, and/or forgings.
- Experience with high dollar procurements, long term agreements/right to buy/strategic agreements
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Company – Northrop Grumman
Website: https://www.northropgrumman.com/Click Here to Apply