Job Category: Data Entry & Call Center
Location: United States (Home-based)
To be discussed.
We are seeking experience at-home telephone data collectors to conduct phone interviews on a variety of subjects, such as education, the environment, health and transportation
Candidates must be able to work 15-40 hours per week, during the following times: afternoons (3pm to 6pm ET) evenings (6pm – 9pm ET) Weekends: (Sat 10am – 6 pm ET; Sun 2pm – 10pm ET) Must be able to work at least one weekend shift per week.
- have at least 1 year prior survey data collections and/or call center experience
- be 18 or older
- provide voice sample
- Meet the following at-home equipment requirementsat the time of application:
- Land line phone service*Not permitted:- Cell phones,Satellite internet/phone service – such as Dish Network- Features (e.g. call waiting, voicemail, call forwarding etc.) must be disabled during working hours- Long distance service is NOT required
- A corded telephone with a hands-free corded headset (cordless phones and Bluetooth headsets are not permitted).
- A reliable Windows – based (Windows 7 or later) PC computer, and ability to upgrade as security and operational requirements change.
- Anti-virus and Anti-spyware software installed with current and updated virus definitions
- Internet Explorer (IE) installed -most current non-beta version
- Up-to-date Shockwave and Acrobat Reader software installed (can be downloaded for free)
- Regular in-home access to a printer
- A wired high speed internet connection (cable, DSL or fiber optic only) with a minimum of 10 mbps download and upload speeds- Connection must be hard-wired with Ethernet cable connection during working hours. Use of wireless routers, WIFI, not permitted
- A web cab with video and audio functionality that can be connected to your work computer (ability to set up a Skpe account and install appropriate software for home work environment verifications)
- A quiet private and secure work space to conduct interviews (does not have to be a dedicated office, but work environment must be quiet and secure during work hours, including training)
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if required for the position, based on the specific position which may include, for example, identity verification, employment history, or criminal records history.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply