Computer & IT, Technical Support, Customer Service, Nonprofit & Philanthropy
New Teacher Center (NTC) is a national non-profit organization dedicated to improving student learning by guiding a new generation of educators. Founded by teachers in 1998, NTC works in conjunction with school districts, state policymakers and educators across the country to increase the effectiveness of teachers and school leaders at all levels. These programs are built upon research-based principles for teacher onboarding, mentoring and ongoing coaching, and are proven to accelerate teacher effectiveness, reduce teacher churn and improve student achievement. NTC has made it their mission to overcome challenges students and teachers face by providing all educators with the support and resources necessary to succeed from their first day to their last. NTC now supports over 7,500 mentors and coaches and 35,000 teachers, and is improving the learning of over 2.6 million students across the country. For more information, please visit: http://www.newteachercenter.org/
The Customer Support and Operations Specialist will provide outstanding customer service on “Kiano”, NTC’s new flagship learning platform in addition to other client-facing technology. This role will work closely with the Operations and Program departments to efficiently support and administer client-facing technology platforms and the program launch of our district partners. This role is integral to ensuring NTC has an accurate “system of record” for services delivered through technology while supporting NTC internal users and client leads. As an expert in the customer experience, this role is also responsible for supporting the testing of the new platform and additional feature releases.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
The following is an overview of the duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. The employee may perform other duties as required.
- Provide timely, thoughtful, and thorough, Tier 1 support for NTC client-facing technology via our Zendesk Ticket system.
- Coordinate with other Tier 2 and Tier 3 staff to troubleshoot and provide solutions to district partners
- Provide Live Support via Text, Slack, and Chat, (occasionally phone) using our Zendesk customer service platform and other internal technology.
- Facilitate client intake and program set up in coordination with NTC Team Lead and Program Delivery Client Leads.
- Assist in the accurate provisioning across client technology services e.g., Torsh, Kiano Tools Configuration, program set-up, and program user management support.
- Maintain documentation of NTC internal enrollment system for better implementation and coordination with other product fulfillment services as well as ensure accurate data tracking
- Coordinate with QA to conduct extensive scenarios-based and feature-based testing of beta systems and troubleshoot technical issues that emerge in production
- Maintain flexibility with schedule to support clients, NTC Teams, and projects in different time zones.
This position is part-time at 30 hours a week. Seeking a candidate that can support an 8 am to 2 pm EST time zone.
- High School Diploma (AA degree Preferred)
- 3+ years of Customer Service Experience
- Excellent Empathy and Listening Skills
- Patience and ability to manage challenging customer service situations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially in areas of building and maintaining client relationships
- Creative Problem-Solving Skills
- Fluent in Excel and Smartsheet (preferred)
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently with a virtual team and accommodate flexible work schedule and hours to accommodate national clients
- Ability to learn new systems and technology-based solutions quickly
- Demonstrates good judgment and interpretation of tasks
- Ability to move among and between tasks as needed
ADA Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Work normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- Limited physical effort required
- Hearing, repetitive hand motions, sitting, talking, typing
Company – New Teacher Center