Customer Service Specialist II
Pay: $45,822 – $58,365 a year
Full Job Description
Are you looking for an intermittent opportunity throughout 2021, working part-time in a Short-Term-Temporary capacity (STT), dedicated to respectfully serving the taxpayers of King County? Are you a team player eager to step in to help and be part of a motivated and friendly team? Are you a problem solver? Are you able to articulate information clearly and concisely after methodically gathering necessary data using tools you’ve been trained to use? Are you able to work remotely from home and stay focused and productive during sometimes stressful interactions with customers? If your answers are all a resounding “YES!”, Then read on. We want to hear from you!
The Finance and Business Operations Division’s mission is to provide exceptional customer value for accounting, procurement, treasury, payroll, benefits and small business services. We are actively seeking employees whose behavior is in alignment with our division’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Results and Innovation. Our Division
The Treasury Section of the Finance and Business Operations Division (FBOD) is seeking a results oriented, energetic individual with strong interpersonal skills and a sharp eye toward accuracy, and can excel working remotely. The property tax team handles billing, collecting, distributing, and reporting of real and personal property taxes, gambling taxes, and local improvement district assessments.Treasury Operations
These STT positions, which may begin as early as the second week of March 2021, will fulfill Treasury’s strategic vision as follows:
- Some STT’s will be asked to work 15-20 hours per week. These hours may vary further, depending upon staffing needs, peak periods, target goals and customer demand.
- Some STT’s may be requested to work upwards of 35 hours per week, possibly tapering down to fewer hours during summer months or slower periods.
- In your application, communicate your preferred hourly schedule (ie- 15-20hrs/week or 35hrs/week)
Other important factors to consider:
- Helpful and friendly team members are available for training and throughout the day as needed.
- Training and equipment will be provided for remote working.
- Targets and productivity measures will be maintained and tracked.
- Whenever possible STT employees will be given advance notice of upcoming work schedules. Scheduling and planning of hours is done with your team lead and when able- will consider your unique needs such as appointments or other commitments.
Primary Responsibilities include: To be considered for this opportunity, you must at a minimum, demonstrate knowledge, skill and ability to:
- Working remotely, perform customer service duties via phone or email; Assist in other projects as assigned which may include data gathering and analysis.
- Research and analyze taxpayer payment data; populate and configure spreadsheets.
- Consistent with King County values and goals of customer service excellence, provide information to customers in a courteous and respectful manner, even if customers are sometimes challenging and difficult; accurately communicate details related to property accounts and taxpayer issues.
- Apply active listening skills, gather information, understand customer needs, analyze information, problem solve account details and provide accurate information.
- Working under the direction of the section lead and with treasury team members, administer property tax billing and collection; effectively work closely and collaboratively with your team focused on a common goal of serving customers.
- Effectively use multiple systems, applications and tools needed to derive information; operate remote phone system software; juggle competing priorities while maintaining calm demeanor.
- Understand and apply Washington State statutes pertaining to property tax billing and collection; follow County procedures and policies.
- Work independently and remotely and periodically onsite if necessary
- Collaborate with team members to discuss and resolve challenging issues; participate in daily team huddles.
- A conscientious work ethic working autonomously via a remote setting; the ability to remain productive and calm in a high-volume customer service environment; strong writing skills.
- Ability to effectively problem solve, analyze data, actively listen, and accurately provide information in an organized and thoughtful manner.
- Recent and practical experience working in customer service with a desire to help customers.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy, time management and organizational skills; ability to organize multiple tasks, and effectively handle customer concerns and needs that may have competing priorities.
- The ability to learn various systems and tools used to administer tax accounts.
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic to intermediate Microsoft Excel.
Who may apply?
The recruitment for this position is open to all qualified applicants. This recruitment will be used to fill five (5) Short-Term-Temporary (STT) positions that are anticipated to be available throughout 2021 primarily during peak periods in Treasury Operations.
Other Position Information:
This position is non-exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act and is therefore overtime-eligible. Employees are paid on a bi-weekly schedule, every other Thursday, comprising a 35-hour workweek; normally 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. This position is represented by a union.This position will work remotely via telework and may be required to occasionally report onsite.
Temporary Telecommuting Requirement:
The work associated with this position will be performed remotely, at least through July 5, 2021 in compliance with King County’s telecommuting mandate. Employees will be provided with a County issued laptop and must maintain a workspace with an internet connection where they can reliably perform work and remain available and responsive during scheduled work hours (requests for support may be considered).
Employees must reside in WA state and within a reasonable distance to their King County worksite to respond to workplace reporting requirements. There will be situations where the employee is required to report to a County worksite. Please note that when an employee conducts work that is likely to bring them in contact with another individual, safety precautions are required by the department in alignment with the Public Health Directive from the Seattle & King County Public Health Officer.
The Application Process:
A completed King County Application is required.
We highly recommend that you also provide a cover letter addressing how you meet the minimum qualifications and why you are interested in this position. The most competitive candidates may be invited to participate in an Excel skills examination, written customer service skills assessment and a panel interview process.
If you have any questions or concerns while applying, please contact:
Ivette Martinez-Morales, PHR
Sr HR Business Partner -Employee Relations
Company – King County
Website: www.kingcounty.gov/jobsClick Here to Apply