Internet & Ecommerce, Social Media, Marketing, Online Marketing
Have you built successful online courses for professionals and entrepreneurs? Are you comfortable with WordPress and Thinkific? Do you love books and the authors who write them?
If you’ve answered yes to those questions, please keep reading.
We are Book Launchers. We help thought leaders and people with a powerful story write, publish, and sell impact-driven non-fiction books. Our goal isn’t just to help our clients get a book published. We help our clients create a great book they will be proud of for years AND we help them use their book as a tool to achieve their goals. To achieve that, we do a wide range of things to support our clients including website and social media auditing, email newsletter guidance, media pitching, speaking engagement support and pitching, and even look for and negotiate wholesale book sale opportunities. We build websites for our clients and we have a program for turning a book into an online course and that is where we need more support.
We’re looking for someone who can design and build courses with an eye to making the course experience amazing for the student as well as helping to ensure it’s marketable for the author.
We have brilliant folks on our team that you’ll work alongside to help our clients succeed. You will report directly to our Book Marketing Manager, and play a key role in creating success for our clients once their book is launched.
This role will begin part-time (~25-30 hours/week). As your work grows within our organization, the option to move to full-time will be presented to you.
To apply, please let us know what your favorite book from the last 12 months is, and why. And, please include a cover letter and resume.
What is your role?
In this role, you will be the Book Launchers in-house online marketing genius. You’ll be in charge of helping our authors sell books and courses online. You’ll start working with clients early in the process to audit their social media and websites, and then support them through those improvements (or build new websites for those at that level), all the way to setting up their book for sale on their website. When a client chooses to turn their book into a course you’ll work alongside them to build the course and set it up for sale. You’ll be an essential part of the marketing team supporting our clients in their journey to have an impact and sell their book. Our overarching goal is to be our clients’ first choice for book publishing success and help them get books in the hands of readers.
Specific Tasks Include:
- Conduct social media and website audits for clients, and produce a report of recommendations and action items.
- Build compelling and on-brand author websites for clients enrolled in that level of service.
- Support Book Launchers to implement our book => course offering, and support clients to build the course in three phases. (utilizing WordPress and Thinkific platforms).
- Strategize with clients on how to sell books from their own websites and in some cases, build the pages for them.
- As part of the book marketing team, brainstorm ideas and identify opportunities to sell more books online.
- Oversee and execute a social media strategy for Book Launchers, including creating content, engaging with followers and growing our overall social media network.
- Update the Book Launchers website author roster page with upcoming books.
- Participate in company meetings and brainstorming sessions, weekly reporting.
- Support the book marketing team in their mission to help get books in readers’ hands – this may mean brainstorming strategy, analyzing social media platforms for clients, doing website audits, or creating some base level of content for clients.
- Pursue training opportunities to learn more about copywriting, email marketing, social media, and online marketing.
You will enjoy a lot of freedom to create and control your day in this job, but please don’t think this job will be easy. We are a very lean team managing a growing roster of book projects in progress and in promotions. You will have a lot of tasks to complete in a short amount of time. But, in this role, you’ll learn a lot about book promotion and book publishing, online marketing, social media and you can easily uncover areas where you can expand your role with the company if you want to do that. In fact, we expect the person who will excel in this role to be someone who can grow with the company and be managing other people in the department in the future.
If this sounds like a perfect fit for you then you’re obviously someone special so we want to tell you why we’re worthy of your greatness.
Company – Book Launchers