Pay: From TBD
Full Job Description
Overview:The Editorial Intern position provides administrative and publishing support to a team of Editors. This position will focus on pre- and post- publication tasks but will also include a variety of tasks that touch on many aspects of our production process, including manuscript review, photo research, permissions, contract drafting and data management. Training will be provided for all the processes listed and there is no prior publishing experience required.
This internship is paid, part time (15-24 hours per week during normal office hours). This position is for the 2021 spring and summer season with the potential to continue into the fall. This is a remote position that will require you to have an internet connection.Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:The job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
Drafting contracts and other legal documents for newly signed books. Sending out appropriate tax forms for new authors as needed.
- Supporting various aspects of book/content development, including seeking peer reviewers, collating reviews received, managing permissions, drafting permission logs, photo research and replacement and submitting author photos for processing.
- Preparing files for the production process, including the tagging of manuscripts, identifying missing or low-resolution figures and images, renaming files for consistency, and following up on permissions.
- Checking and entering metadata into SMART (our publishing program) while keeping track of missing or pending information.
- Processing a high volume of book orders for reviewers, authors, and endorsers. Sending additional materials to authors, as needed.
- Creating, running, and troubleshooting companion websites for select books.
- Other general clerical duties.
Qualifications & Education:Any combination equivalent to, but not limited to, the following:
Must be an active student, currently enrolled in accredited college or university
SAGE U.S. Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Charter:SAGE Publishing is committed to being an inclusive employer where all individuals are treated with fairness and respect, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and partnership status, pregnancy and parental responsibilities, race, religion and belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
We believe that diversity is a cornerstone of a vibrant culture. We want SAGE to be an organization where the most talented staff and high-potential staff are recruited, have the opportunity to grow, and want to work. We strive to achieve a better representation of diverse talent at all levels, including leadership, across our workforce.
Company – Sage Publications, Inc.Click Here to Apply