Business Development, Marketing, Writing, Copywriting
An educational technology company that partners with top colleges and universities to bring their degree programs online is looking to engage a talented and experienced copywriter in an ongoing work-from-home (anywhere in the United States), part-time position.
We are hoping to talk with professional writers who can work at least 20 hours/week, and ideally those who might be available to commit close to 30 hours/week. No specific start date has been set, but we would like the copywriter chosen for this role to begin working in September or early October. We expect the initial assignment to continue for three-months. There is a good chance that the assignment will be extended for additional three-month terms if all is going well at the end of the initial engagement period.
The copywriter will work directly with members of the company’s internal creative teams, and with marketing stakeholders across brand marketing, SEO, web analytics, and advertising operations teams. S/he will write copy —display and print advertising, direct mail/direct response, email marketing, print collateral, websites, etc.— that supports the marketing efforts of this company’s partner programs.
We are most interested in identifying a writer who can commit at least some work time each day, during typical east coast business hours. Always-on dayside availability is not required. But some dayside availability is a must. And more dayside availability is better! We are open to receiving inquiries from copywriters with existing work or other commitments, but not from individuals who already have full-time jobs and are only looking for evening/weekend work.
Brainstorm Creative Resources has supported the client organization since 2016. We can share the organization name, the creative manager’s credentials, information about our history with the organization and examples of the types of products that might be produced in this role, with the most well qualified applicants.
- Create original, persuasive copy that promotes and differentiates this company’s partner programs’ unique benefits.
- Understand and work from creative briefs submitted by stakeholders; meet project goals as established in briefs while offering creative solutions.
- Maintain the voice, tone, and brand identity for multiple partner programs.
- Manage multiple project deadlines and adapt to changing priorities.
- Proofread and edit marketing materials for clarity, style consistency, spelling, and grammar.
- Translate complex concepts into clear, concise, and reader-friendly copy.
- Manage and maintain all copy assets for multiple programs and act as direct point-of-contact for those programs.
- Present work to stakeholders and offer clear, strategic rationales that support creative.
- Approach projects collaboratively, working with stakeholders across marketing.
- Work closely and independently with other members of the creative team, including writers, designers, videographers, animators, and team leadership.
- Represent the team in meetings with stakeholders across marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience.
- Must have knowledge of AP and Chicago style and experience using client style guides.
- Experience in higher education is preferred.
- Experience working as a writer in an agency setting a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work on cross-functional teams.
- Ability to think of creative, unorthodox solutions when needed.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Openness to feedback and ability to take direction.
- Ability to drive projects without a lot of oversight.
All work can be done remotely (i.e. from your home) anywhere in the United States. You will not need to visit the organization’s offices, which are in the Washington, DC area. It is worth mentioning that much of the organization’s full-time staff works remotely year-round.
We are seeking well qualified individuals who are interested in the following situation:
(1) working 20 – 30 hours/week;
(2) mostly during typical business hours;
(3) entirely from a remote location (your home, etc.) anywhere in the United States;
(4) ongoing for the foreseeable future.
Company – Brainstorm Creative Resources
Website – https://brainstormresources.com/