Editing, Proofreading, Legal
Catalyst is a global nonprofit working with some of the world’s most powerful CEOs and leading companies to build workplaces that work for women; because progress for women is progress for everyone. We achieve our mission by partnering with 800+ Supporter organizations to help them make positive change in their organizations. We give companies and CEOs the trusted advice and expertise they need to drive workplace talent transformations in complex, global businesses.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Copyright Administrator is responsible for ensuring that content produced or distributed by Catalyst is compliant with copyright regulations and global best practices.
- Design system for tracking and managing releases and licensed IP content portfolio and make recommendations regarding key IP tracking technology
- Work with the editorial team to implement system for checking copyright and other permissions prior to publishing or selling content
- Review Catalyst content before publication to ensure that all copyright permissions have been secured
- Obtain third party copyright usage permissions
- Develop system for registering Catalyst content with the US Copyright Office
- Escalate copyright issues to Legal department
- Work closely with or as part of editorial team to meet production deadlines
- Provide input and reports on copyright activity and volume as needed
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of general copyright administration experience
- Knowledge of basic copyright law
- Strong fact checking and proofreading skills preferred
- Experience with multifaceted databases preferred
- Strong motivation and enthusiasm for Catalyst’s mission
Company – Catalyst Inc.