i-Human Patients by Kaplan develops and operates cloud-based simulation programs for developing and assessing cognitive competencies in healthcare education and systems. The company strives to:
* Positively enhance patient outcomes in health care through our products and services.
* Provide excellent products, services, and support.
* Demonstrate a measurable impact on improving patient assessment and diagnostic reasoning competencies.
* Copyedit patient encounter content (Undergraduate Nursing cases, Graduate Nursing cases, Medical Cases, OSCE cases) and other IHP guides and/or educational resources.
* Develop and maintain effective and collegial working relationships with peers/consultants that assist in content development.
* Help establish in implement a IHP Case Style Guide to be used by case authors.
* Other professional responsibilities.
* Maintain an expert working knowledge of i-Human’s case play products as all copyediting will be done within the ih2 server.
* Identify opportunities to improve the quality of IHP products.
* Develop and maintain effective and collegial working relationships with i-Human staff.
* Be a role model for others in promoting the company’s ethics and culture.
* BS degree in journalism with experience in science/medical copyediting.
* Management experience considered a positive.
* Experience reading medical/science content and making it understandable to the non-science/medical person.
* Ability to establish and copyedit to maintain a consistent Case Presentation Style.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Self motivated.
* Essential ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written.
* Comfortable learning new technology (ih2 case player authoring tools) and software programs such as word, excel, pages, power point, google docs, google sheets etc.
* Remote location (can work from home with appropriate internet connectivity).
* Preferred geographic location is West Coast.