The Copy Editor will review and edit existing materials, revising content for accuracy and quality, spelling, grammar, syntax and adherence to brand style across the writing portfolio for the Policy, Advocacy and Communication division. Working in an integrated manner across the editorial, public relations, digital and design teams, the consultant will copy edit materials for clarity and concision while maintaining appropriate tone and voice.
- Revisions of drafts and final versions of white papers, emails, newsletters, press releases, marketing materials, website copy and other documents as needed.
- Copy edit, format and proofread materials in English including program reports, white papers, emails, newsletters, press releases, marketing materials and websites tailored towards public health officials, partners, donors and a general audience.
- Consult with relevant team members to clarify ambiguities and remedy substantive errors.
- Ensure adherence to AP style and in-house style guide, with close attention to detail and consistency.
- Manage multiple projects across different teams while consistently meeting deadlines and ensuring quality output.
Consultant background must include:
- Education and degree
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, social sciences or a related discipline
Skills and abilities
- Exceptional writing and editing skills; experience in technical/scientific writing a plus
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to self-manage and deliver high-quality work on time
- Fluency in written and spoken English; fluency in another language a plus
- At least five years of professional experience in writing and copy editing
- Public health, public policy or social science knowledge and experience is a plus
Company – Vital Strategies
Website – https://www.vitalstrategies.org/