Editing, Internet & Ecommerce, Writing, Online Content
Bustle is seeking a remote, part-time editor to oversee our weekend coverage. Day-to-day responsibilities will include managing a team of part time writers, anticipating news and planning for it, assigning and editing stories, and writing when necessary. Coverage will primarily focus on breaking news pertaining to celebrities, TV, and movies, but the ideal candidate will also be confident picking up trending stories in other areas (i.e. tech, politics, viral, etc) given their newsworthiness. The role may also involve collaborating with the Entertainment team in supporting the weekly service schedule.
The ideal candidate will be creative, familiar with the Bustle voice, and able to produce high-quality, accurate copy in a fast-paced environment. A familiarity with libel law is a must, along with a confidence in executing Bustle’s editorial policies, particularly as they pertain to inclusivity and diversity of perspectives.
Candidates must have availability to remotely work Saturday and Sunday.
- Managing and assigning stories to PT writers
- Editing stories across Bustle’s Entertainment and Lifestyle section
- Managing multiple articles at a time, switching between topics when necessary
- Writing breaking news stories when necessary
- Checking in with Bustle editors
- 2+ years experience writing for online publications
- Must be well-versed in celebrity, pop culture, and internet culture
- Experience editing news stories, preferably within the Entertainment space
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.
Company – Bustle