Full Job Description
Romper is seeing a part-time Contributing Editor who will be responsible for writing, assigning, and editing articles that elevate the conversation around raising children and the parenting experience, with our mission of uplifting diverse voices and experiences in the forefront.
The ideal candidate will love writing as much as editing and have a strong network of freelance writers. This person should also be dialed in to parenting social media and have a passion for uncovering the real conversations parents across the country are having and the issues they are facing. A commitment to inclusivity is key for this role, along with a solid network of freelancers from a diverse array of backgrounds.
In your cover letter, please tell us about yourself — we are a village for our readers, and we need to know why you want to be part of it. We’re looking for someone to help us generate the stories that make our readers laugh, feel seen, feel less alone — and that end up in the 3 a.m. group chat.
This is a temporary position with an initial contract term of three months. This role reports to the managing editor.
- Be reactive to the week’s parenting news and pitch creative second-day angles, while also thinking about the deep-dive stories that aren’t being told and how to bring new voices—and topics—to the site
- Work with freelance contributors on stories to ensure Romper content is inclusive, engaging, and nuanced
- Produce approx. 2-4 stories per week. (We estimate this to be half writing, half assigning/editing to start.)
- A point of view
- A passion for sharing the stories and voices that are not being shared
- Ability to write clean, voicey copy with a quick turnaround time when needed
- An established portfolio of published clips and strong editing references
- Eagerness to jump on breaking and trending celebrity and news stories in the parenting sphere as well as to dig in to reported features
- Diverse network of freelance writers in the parenting space
- Ability to work approximately 20 hours per week.
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.
Company – Bustle