Proofreading, Online Content
About.com is reimagining the way people find expert advice and answers online. Through its premium vertical brands including Verywell, The Balance, Lifewire and its namesake About.com, we help tens of millions of users each month answer questions, solve problems, learn something new and find inspiration on topics they deeply care about.
– Must be comfortable working in a CMS and able to work quickly, independently and accurately
– Have basic knowledge of how to size and scale images (Photoshop not required); photo selection experience a plus
– Be willing to work on content on a range of topics, from video games to celiac disease to quilting
– Commit a minimum of 20 hours of work per week
ABOUT Your Contributions:
– Add crosslinks and link boxes
– Fix broken links and broken (visible) HTML; correct formatting issues
– Select, edit and add images, address image captions and credits
– Evaluate whether an article requires light editing or must go to an editor for extensive revision
ABOUT Your Role:
As a Freelance Content Producer, you will be responsible for improving existing articles to elevate the user experience and drive additional traffic around the About.com network. Rate is $15/hour.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply