We’re Hiring an Event Producer for Our Online Education Startup
This virtual position is a contract to full-time hire role
Do you take total ownership of the events you create from start to finish? You set goals, do the research, make thoughtful plans, and manage everything meticulously to bring it all to life.
Are you a perfectionist with an eye for details? You think of everything, make decisions with care, and let nothing slip through the cracks.
Are you a forward thinking problem solver who can anticipate challenges and make smart executive decisions when they pop up along the way?
Are you a highly organized, natural born communicator? You’re the obvious go-to for event-related information and procedures, and you keep all stakeholders in the loop from planning to execution.
Do you love to improve systems and procedures? You love to develop plans and put them in place, often find ways to make things work better, and make sure things run as efficiently as possible.
If you answered “Yes!” to these questions, you could be a perfect match for our team!
As our Event Producer, you’ll plan and execute approximately 6-8 events including three annual mastermind retreats, two or more media and influencer dinner parties, and two or more live instruction workshops. Events will take place in Puerto Rico, Los Angeles, and NYC.
- Identify goals, requirements, and expectations for each company event.
- Find locations and venues that fit company budget, brand, and event requirements.
- Book and manage volunteers and vendors including videographer, photographer, hair and makeup artist, caterer, and local assistants.
- Maintain event budget, track vendor payments, and prepare expense reports.
- Schedule, book, and liaise with speakers and special guests.
- Liaise with vendors, exhibitors, and stakeholders during the planning process to ensure everything is in order.
- Build detailed event agendas and create instructions for staff. Track vendor payments and prepare expense reports.
- Manage all event setup, tear down, and follow-up procedures and provide a management presence during company events
- Conduct final inspections on event days to ensure everything is up to company standards. Take responsibility and initiative to make sure everything’s running smoothly throughout the event.
- Collect event feedback, make detailed notes on execution, assess overall success, and make recommendations for improvements for future events.
- Manage volunteers and collect event feedback. Make recommendations for improvements.
Ideal Candidate Profile
You’re a great match for this position, if you have:
- Minimum 2+ years experience in event planning
- Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- A Type-A personality (and you’re proud of it)
- Highly organized and able to multitask
- A creative mind, eye for design, and meticulous attention to detail
- A strong desire to represent the company brand well and provide clients with an incredible service
- An ability to prioritize and communicate those priorities even in a fast-paced or high-stress environment
- An ability to remain calm and cool (and thrive!) in a fast-paced environment
- Sensitivity and respect for confidential matters
- A flexible schedule that doesn’t abide by a strict 9-5 traditional time frame
- A team player mentality
- A passion for excellence in everything you do
- You’re available during regular work hours in the Eastern time zone
- You’re available to travel to company events a few times a year ( including mastermind retreats and a 3-day live event, an estimated 6 – 8 times per year)
- You can commit to a 5-10/week role with increased hours surrounding the events you plan.
- You enjoy working directly with a boss who strives for perfection – yes, mistakes happen, but you always learn from them and they rarely happen again.
Company – S2 Groupe
Website – https://www.selenasoo.com/Click Here to Apply