Content Marketing Copywriter
Full Job Description
Location: Virtual. Will work from your home office.
Employee Type: Full Time, and Part Time Available
Support TEAM: YES! In-house marketing strategy, editors, designers, development and channel support.
Job Type: Marketing
Experience: 4-8 years’ experience writing in an agency or in-house marketing department environment.
Topic Experience: General Copy, Industry Expert Copy, Authority Positioning Copy , Direct Response
Uhuru’s Content Marketing Copywriters should be equipped with the ability to make even the most mundane details into remarkable and engaging stories.
This copywriter position is responsible for turning client messaging strategies and content schedules into a wide variety of marketing copy deliverables. From interactive websites and Ebooks to educational blog posts and white papers, you will be responsible for creating compelling, lead-generating copy for Uhuru clients across a wide range of industries.
First and foremost, the Content Marketing Copywriter must possess the ability to brainstorm and develop written concepts within the confines of pre-established marketing strategies for clients across a wide range of industries.
- You eat, sleep and dream about marketing copy.
- Bad grammar makes you cringe.
- You take punctuation personally.
To handle the fast-paced work environment, you should be extremely organized and capable of moving easily between client voices. The ability and desire to work closely with other writers and creative team members is a must.
Yes, this awesome position will be remote. Location independence!
If you have experience working in the inbound or content marketing world, we’d love to talk to you!
** To apply, you must include your portfolio and/or samples of your recent work **
- Write clear, succinct and compelling educational and promotional marketing content for a wide range of clients, with a focus on technology and professional services clients
- Create grammatically clean long-form copy as well as effective headlines, taglines, calls-to-action, blog posts, etc.
- Write in multiple styles and for multiple formats as required by client style and prospect personas
- Collaborate with the creative director, the editors and the client services team to ensure creative concepts, tactics and copy are in line with client style, voice and messaging/keyword strategy
- Write search engine optimized content based off of strategically identified keywords
- Initiate and participate in consultations with the creative director and client services team to ensure the implementation of smart creative strategies
- Complete execution of all copywriting efforts to ensure delivery of client materials on strategy, on budget and on schedule
- Adhere to Uhuru’s standards of creative quality and excellence
- Work closely with the creative director and editors to understand and follow established systems and best practices for content creation, distribution and repurposing
- Contribute to Uhuru’s agency content creation efforts, balancing the demands of the role with participation in broader agency initiatives
The Successful Uhuru Content Marketer should be able to:
- Understand the client’s brand, tone, and industry style.
- Know how persuasive copy and SEO impacts campaign success and the impact you have on a client and their company.
- Understand your client’s story and message.
- Manage multiple clients content production activities with Uhuru’s Agile Process
- Work with Uhuru Digital Marketing Consultants and Campaign Managers to create the overall campaign strategy for your clients and manage the creative process of that marketing program on a day-to-day basis.
- Use tools to research and analyze content. Experience with Ahrefs, SEMRush, MOZ, or Deepcrawl is a plus.
- Ability to develop a big picture content strategy and conduct highly relevant keyword/topic research that will drive qualified traffic. Traffic that will truly benefit the client.
- Be the domain expert within your Hive Team. (Before applying, read our article to see how we construct client services teams: The Best Marketing Team Structure to Increase Efficiency and Output)
The successful Content Marketing Copywriter candidate should possess the following key traits and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, English or a related field
- 4-8 years’ experience writing in an agency or in-house marketing department environment
- Native to social media with expertise in writing for the web, including (but not limited to) websites, blog posts and emails
- Proven examples of past creative concepts and copy that produced measurable results
- Enthusiastic proponent of good writing standards and practices; keen awareness of appropriate tone and content of pieces
- Eagerness to keep up with developments in the field through both individual research and guided extended learning
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Obsessive attention to detail and an ability to self-edit
- Basic knowledge of HTML and experience using content management systems such as WordPress and HubSpot are both a plus.
- Preference is given to those who are Inbound Marketing Certified, or who are pursuing it during the application process.
- Solely dedicated to working for Uhuru. (While we love and respect freelancers and other fantastic content creators who are looking for new projects, this job is for one who wants to wholly immerse themselves in working for one company—namely, ours.)
Hopefully, our careers page gave you a sense of our team but here’s a bit more.
We have a lot of fun and love what we do.
Our motivation is honestly not about making a lot of money; rather it’s building something we’re proud of and having a significant impact on the companies we work with.
We’re a group of people who value friendship and relationships and want to pursue future business ideas together. We’re a small team that is growing fast who trusts each other and loves working together.
If you’ve made it this far, then you should definitely apply.
At Uhuru, we don’t just accept differences — we support them, celebrate them, and as a company, we thrive on them. Uhuru is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and we actively look for and hire people who bring new perspectives and experiences to our team.|
Ready to apply?
Complete the application by clicking on the “Apply To Position” button. Applications will remain open until we find the perfect person for this role.
Important note: After you submit an application, we’ll want to get to know you more. You’ll be asked to email a short video introducing yourself and saying why you want to be a part of the Uhuru Team. This is required, if you are not going to submit a short video do not submit an application.
You can expect to hear back from us either way within 2 weeks. To make sure we’re able to give your application the careful attention and time it deserves, please do not follow up with us unless you don’t hear back from us by then.
Please, no phone calls. Due to the number of applicants we typically receive for our career openings, we are not able to do phone interviews until later stages of the hiring process. All applicants must submit an application through our portal.
Company – Uhuru Network