Online Content, Education & Training, Writing
Founded in 2009, our mission is to break down any barrier, education or otherwise, for those trying to achieve their career aspirations. We started with test prep for the GMAT (a standardized test for aspiring MBA students). Classes and tutors cost thousands and books are ineffective, so we created an affordable, online, video-based product that students can use any time, anywhere. We’re one of the lowest price offerings, yet deliver some of the best results and we now proudly serve over 100,000 paying customers per year across 8 exams.
We’ve raised less than $1M in 2011 and achieved profitability in 2012. We haven’t looked back since. We have 8-figure revenue and are still profitable and growing.
In addition to deeply caring about our mission and students, we care about sustainable growth and building a healthy culture. We’ve twice been named the happiest company in education, yet know there’s more we can do. We have 35 employees at our HQ in Berkeley, CA and another 65 employees throughout the US. You can read a lot more about us here: https://magoo.sh/philosophy
If you’re a friendly, passionate, lifelong learner who’s looking to make a real difference in people’s lives, we want you to help us break down barriers so that everyone can succeed.
We also firmly believe it’s imperative that our team reflects the diversity of our students. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Check out our values here!
About the Job
Magoosh provides affordable, effective, and enjoyable educational resources that help students prepare for standardized tests, such as the ACT, SAT, GRE, GMAT, IELTS, and TOEFL.
We are looking for a skilled and experienced teacher to create exemplary content and curriculum for our various test prep products. Magoosh has a diverse group of students from around the world. They need passionate, hardworking, and empathetic teachers from all backgrounds like you to support them on their test-prep journeys and help them reach (and hopefully exceed!) their goals.
This is a remote, part-time position you can work from home! Pay is $28.50-$39.50 per hour, depending on experience and your location. You must be able to work 20 hours per week. Even though this position is remote, you must be authorized to work in the US.
- An expert test-prep instructor
- You know how to teach the nuances of the test with insights into common student misconceptions.
- An enthusiastic learner
- You are excited to take on the challenge of learning new standardized exams.
- An inclusive educator
- You understand that students come from many educational and socioeconomic backgrounds. You are eager to create content that equitably meets the needs of a wide range of learners.
- An effective presenter
- You’re able to present content in an engaging and friendly way.
- A detail-oriented executer
- You are highly analytical and can write content that matches the style and tone of our exams.
In this position, you will
- Create lesson videos, video explanations, and practice questions for various test prep products, including the GRE, GMAT, IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, and ACT
- Support other content creators, editing and reviewing practice questions to ensure alignment and verisimilitude with the exam
- Collaborate with other members of the Content team to improve Magoosh products and learning outcomes for students
- Work collaboratively with other members of the content creation team to improve Magoosh’s content creation processes.
Extra credit if you…
- Have created and video lessons
- Have experience creating YouTube content
- Have created practice questions and passages
- Have expertise in multiple exams
Company – Magoosh