Education Consultant, Education & Training, Online Teaching, Interactive Design, Software Development, Online Content
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. A few years later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 100+ in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Apply educational techniques and philosophies to design and author interactive lessons, quizzes, and projects.
- Think pedagogically to break down technical concepts into digestible exercises.
- Collaborate with Codecademy’s Curriculum team to craft learning outcomes and build a compelling learner experience.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Experience with both software engineering and formal or informal teaching
- Experience with developer tools such as Git, GitHub and the command line
- A strong command of the English language
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Experience using p5.js in an educational or creative environment
- Experience using the Codecademy platform
- Experience with writing educational content that reaches a wide audience in a digital format
Equal Employment Opportunity
Codecademy is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings.
This is a part-time, remote position. You can expect anywhere from ~10-30 hours of work per week, including weekends. You can work from anywhere with an internet connection, and will be compensated (paid) bi-weekly.
**At this time, we can only accept applicants that are over the age of 18 and are currently located in one of the following states: CA, FL, GA, IL, MD, MA, MI, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, VA and WA.**
Company – Codecademy
Website – https://www.codecademy.com/