1550 16th Ave SW, Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52404 United States of America
Do you enjoy working with people in a fast-paced environment? If so, consider a position as a Contact Center Agent! This is a part time position – perfect for students, teachers or anyone else looking for a great summer job.
Contact Center Agents take back-to-back, incoming calls from customers who need help with U-Haul related products and services like truck, trailer, towing and storage rentals. Agents assist customers with quoting rental rates, sales and earning new business. Agents also assist with customer service related to existing business, like making changes to reservations, answering questions, helping with customer concerns and taking storage payments.
Agents are expected to follow established methods and procedures, handle all calls expediently and efficiently, meet all quality-related metrics and goals, and above all act in a courteous and friendly manner while serving the customer.
This job might be for you if:
- You enjoy helping people and problem-solving.
- You like a fast pace starting day one and staying busy every day.
- You enjoy working closely with your manager and receiving daily feedback.
- You are comfortable learning and using multiple computer programs.
U-Haul offers its Contact Center Agents:
- Train and work from home – various schedules!
- Contact center career path available including work from home!
- Hourly base, no bonus.
- Opportunity for base pay merit increases based on performance
- Part-time benefits include: Medical Reimbursement Indemnity Plan, Rx Savings Plus Discount Plan, Dental Plan, Vision Plan, Retirement Savings 401(k) Plan
- Basic keyboarding and computer skills.
- Ability to navigate and use multiple computer programs at once.
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills.
- Clear speaking voice.
- General knowledge of U.S. geography.
- Willingness to incorporate feedback to constantly improve performance.
Training and Education Explained:
- Fast-paced, hands-on education working with your manager from day one.
- Self-paced education at our very own U-Haul University online.
- Learn and begin performing some of your job duties with customers the first week.
- Build on your skill-set through on-the-job, continued education.
- Begin performing additional job duties with the customer as you learn them.
- Total number of hours scheduled each week will be based on business need.
- Be available to work between 9 am – 7 pm (all in Arizona time).
- We need you to work at least one weekend day. If you want to work both that’s great!
- Working holidays is required. We are open and customers need our help.
A note about how we schedule: Availability to work that aligns with the business need may increase the opportunity to be scheduled more hours. We pride ourselves on being flexible with schedules, especially for students and teachers. However, if availability to work does not align with the needs of the business the result may be less hours scheduled.
The following is required to work from home:
- You must have a quiet, private work area.
- Dependent and child-care arrangements must be made as if you were working at a U-Haul site.
- All work duties including education must be performed at your home address.
- If you want to switch or substitute computers at any time, manager approval is required in advance.
The following technical requirements must be met to work from home:
- Have a non-wireless USB headset with a microphone.
- Have a web cam for use interacting with your manager. Not for use with customers.
- Have minimum Internet speed requirements: 10MB down / 5MB up.
- Check your Internet speed at http://uhaul.speedtestcustom.com/ .
- Be sure to click the dropdown menu below the GO button and choose any server in Phoenix, AZ.
- Windows or Mac OS allowed;
- If Windows then Windows 10 is required.
- If Mac then High Sierra or newer is required.
- Minimum RAM requirements: 8GB of RAM or greater.
- Minimum processor requirement for Windows OS: CPU score of 2000 or greater.
- To find processor name – right click on Windows logo (lower left corner home screen) and select ‘System’.
- Go to this website. https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php
- Type name of your processor in the space provided (do not copy/paste).
- The number in the first column is the CPU mark (this is your CPU or processor score).
- Minimum processor requirement for Mac: Core i5 processor or greater.
- To find processor name – open Apple menu and click About This Mac then click System Report.
- Windows OS Users should have the following installed:
- Adobe Reader (set to default PDF viewer). Important: If new install uncheck the option to install McAfee anti-virus.
- Web browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Microsoft Edge (Internet Explorer is preferred).
- Mac OS Users should have the following installed:
- MacOS Preview (should be pre-installed on Mac OS).
- Web browsers: Firefox, Safari, and Google Chrome (Chrome is preferred).
- Once hired install and use the required Company software including a Company provided anti-virus software.
- Use of a Wi-Fi is permitted if it meets all security-related criteria. If security requirements are not met and/or Wi-Fi is determined to cause tech difficulty a hard-wired connection will be required.
The following are not permitted when working from home due to compatibility, performance, security, or other concerns:
- A wireless or non-USB headset.
- A PC/laptop or Internet that does not meet requirements.
- Mobile hot-spot, tethering, satellite Internet or similar.
- Using a Proxy server or third-party network.
- Compute stick or similar device.
- Windows: XP, 7 or 8, and Vista operating systems.
- Mac: Sierra or older operating systems.
- Rental, rent-to-own or public computer/laptop.
- Working in a public place or using public Internet.
- Unsecure Wi-Fi / Wi-Fi not managed by the team member.
- Running non-work-related programs while working.
- Having any other anti-virus installed/in use on your computer while working other than the Company provided antivirus
AMERCO and its family of companies, including U-Haul, have strived to create a culture of health and wellness. As of February 1, 2020, and consistent with applicable state law, no AMERCO or U-Haul company will hire individuals in states where it may lawfully decline to hire individuals who use nicotine products. By continuing with this application, you are indicating that, if hired, you consent to nicotine screening in the future. This policy will not apply to team members hired before February 1, 2020.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.
Company – U-Haul