Customer Service, Data Entry, Medical, Health Care
Start Your Career in Healthcare with ScribeAmerica! No Previous Experience Required!
Joining ScribeAmerica’s team as a Telescribe will be one of the most impactful and rewarding experiences of your life. A Telescribe is on the “front-line” of healthcare, serving as an integral member of the care team and acting as the physician’s personal efficiency partner remotely from home. While a Telescribe does not perform clinical work (e.g., does not touch patients, does not practice medicine), s/he is completely immersed in the healthcare ecosystem remotely from home with a physician or nurses for 8+ hours each day.
Whether it’s helping you gain entrance into medical/nursing school, giving you priceless advice and insight, or just leading by example as a consummate professional, your partnering physician will profoundly affect your future as a healthcare professional. Your Telescribe experience—the people you meet, the relationships you develop, the encounters you witness— will change your life! Don’t wait, apply to be a Telescribe today!
*This position is remote/work from home and you must reside within this state to be eligible.*
- One-on-one time with physicians and other healthcare providers
- Exposure to an emergency, inpatient, or outpatient environment
- Observe a wide variety of cases from trauma to pediatrics remotely from home
- Develop lasting relationships with your partnering physicians with the potential for letters of recommendation
- Paid training for all hired employees that provides a crash course in medicine including terminology, disease processes, procedures, medications, medical decision making, and more
- Great alternative career for those of CNA, MA, EMT, or Paramedic backgrounds
- Flexible scheduling for college students
As a Telescribe you will:
- Accompany the healthcare provider into patient examination rooms remotely from home in order to transcribe the patient’s history, physical exam findings, consultations, labs, X-rays, and other evaluations, as stated by the provider, directly into the medical record
- Prepare plans for follow-up care, as directed by the provider
- Process admitted and discharge paperwork, as directed by the provider
- Provide advanced support to providers, including documenting phone calls, alerting the physician when labs/radiology reports are complete, monitoring document uploads, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- The minimum availability required for our telescribe position is 2 shifts per week; shifts range from 8 to 12 hours long*
- It is the Company’s hope that this will be a long-term position.* This is not intended to be a seasonal position.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a passion for medicine and a desire to grow
- Must be adaptable and be willing to take constructive criticism
- Must have reliable internet/wifi
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work in a stressful and fast-paced environment
- Ability to operate a computer and/or laptop through proficient typing, clicking, and viewing a monitor for extended periods
- Ability to type at least 50 words per minute preferred
- Ability to work for the duration of the healthcare provider’s shift, which can be for extended periods of time
- Ability to read, write, comprehend through listening, and speak fluent English
- Must have a computer or access to a computer for virtual/online training
- Any potential employment with the Company is at-will. Nothing within this document/application, nor any Company policy or statements should be considered a commitment to employment for any definite period of time, and scheduling, hours worked, and project assignment(s), etc. may change based on business needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Generally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, handle documents, bend and stoop as needed, and reach with hands and arms
- Required to use a keyboard and company-issued computer regularly
- Specific vision abilities required, including that required to perform extensive computer-related work
- Must be able to verbally communicate with others and exchange accurate information
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to distinguish sound and perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction
The work environment conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate noise (i.e. home office with computer, phone, and printers)
- Ability to sit at a computer for an extended period of time
- Must have an enclosed, private space at home for the duration of their virtual shifts
- Must be able to perform all of the essential duties of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time or part-time position and hours of work and days vary Monday through Sunday depending on the facility contract and scribe hours needed.
This is a remote work-from-home position and the RA will not be required to travel to a physical location unless otherwise noted.
ScribeAmerica provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected group status. In addition to federal law requirements, ScribeAmerica complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
ScribeAmerica expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected group status. Improper interference with the ability of ScribeAmerica’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Company – Scribe America