Administration, Virtual Assistant
To be discussed.
Couchsurfing is hiring a Community Support Associate. In this role, you’ll be the voice of Couchsurfing, supporting members who have questions or are reporting issues on the site. Your calm, super-friendly and professional demeanor in written communication will be one of your greatest assets. Requests will range from “how-tos” to complicated technical issues to questions about personal safety, and your analytical and comprehension abilities will help you decipher what is happening and how to best reach a resolution.
Your curiosity and attention to detail will help you learn the ins and outs of the Couchsurfing product and will help you troubleshoot technical issues. You are articulate, compassionate, well-organized and self-motivated.
This position is remote from your home. The position is shift-based with a variety of shifts.
We are looking to hire for four time slots, each 20 hours / week (all PST)
Monday – Friday 1:00 am to 5:00 am (4 hour shifts)
Monday – Friday 5:00 am to 9:00 am (4 hour shifts)
Friday – Saturday 5:00 pm to 2:00 am (8 hour shifts with break)
Saturday – Sunday 1:00 am to 10:00 am (8 hour shifts with break)
* Supporting Couchsurfing members via written communication through our helpdesk
* Monitoring, researching, prioritizing and acting upon member requests
* Testing and logging site issues and efficiently communicating relevant information to update engineering staff with what they need to know. You will become specialist in knowing how Couchsurfing works.
* Helping out with product QA needs
* Superior written skills – your friendly personality is shown in your writing
* Completed Bachelor’s Degree or Student on track to complete your degree
* You’re ready to succeed in a fast-moving, collaborative startup environment
* Motivated, curious, and extremely dependable
* You’re proficient in Google Office suite and can quickly learn how to effectively use other computer programs
* Fluency in English (both written and spoken); proficiency in written languages other than English is a bonus.
* Special consideration for French, Spanish, Portuguese, or German.
* Extra points for being an experienced Couchsurfer
* Social environment and perks
* Flexibility of working from homeClick Here to Apply