Community Program Associate, Yellow
Full Job Description
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Yellow is an ecosystem that serves companies at the intersection of creativity and technology with our accelerator program, collabs program, and community programming.
The Yellow Collabs program is a remote, part time 15 week program for companies who want to work closely with the Snap Team to integrate with specific parts of the Snap Platform.
The Yellow Accelerator is a launchpad for creative minds and entrepreneurs building companies at the intersection of creativity and technology. Not only are we making an equity investment in promising creative entrepreneurs, but we’re also providing mentorship and guidance to help them level up their businesses through a 15 week accelerator program much faster than they could on their own.
Yellow Community finds new ways to support, convene, and educate members of the Yellow ecosystem through programming, networking events, newsletters, and more. This is our newest area of focus and an opportunity to bring real innovation, particularly in light of the reality of working from home.
If you’re looking to gain hands-on experience with the startup ecosystem, expand your network and learn from senior people across the media and technology landscape, then this is the perfect opportunity for you! We’re seeking an associate to help build strategy for expanding our platform and community engagement. This is not a front row seat – you’re going to be in the game! You will have the opportunity to work alongside and support amazing entrepreneurs, work with people across the Snap Inc. organization, as well as meet with mentors and leaders from across the VC, tech, media and entertainment communities.
We are seeking both part-time and full time candidates who will work with us between January and May 2021. While the schedule is flexible, you should expect to be available days, evenings for events, and otherwise as needed. We are looking for high commitment individuals who have an entrepreneurial spirit, are comfortable with ambiguity, able to figure things out across a wide variety of domains, and tackle problems big and small. We are a small team and ask you to bring your all hands on deck attitude. While we work at an established company, we operate like a scrappy start-up team.
What you’ll do:
- Help shape and execute a strategy for our community programming initiative to engage with founders in the local LA and greater international startup ecosystem
- Recruit, grow, and engage the startup community, including founders, investors, and more
- Strategize and support marketing efforts and community resources including newsletters, market research and trend reports to share learnings
- Coordinate schedules for remote events with mentor and special guests, office hours and more
- Other miscellaneous tasks in support of the Accelerator & Collabs programs and teams as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Highly organized and analytical
- Positive, can-do attitude with a hunger for learning and tackling new challenges
- BA/BS from a leading undergraduate institution
- Pursuing an MBA or graduate degree with a focus in entrepreneurship, business, finance, marketing or media
- 2+ years of content, finance, marketing, or startup experience at a media or technology company
- Previous experience with community building, brand building and marketing a plus
- Previous experience with market research and analysis a plus
Our Benefits : Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid maternity & paternity leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, mental condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.
Company – Snapchat
Website: https://www.snap.com/en-USClick Here to Apply