Full Job Description
SAGE seeks a dynamic, motivated team member to join its Communications and Marketing department. The Communications Assistant should be comfortable working independently in a remote work environment with clear guidance and will have opportunities to build their skills. This is an excellent opportunity for those looking to further their experience in nonprofit organizations, communications, and/or digital marketing.
Based upon your skills and our needs, responsibilities might include the following:
- Assist the Digital Communications Specialist in day-to-day business operations, including, but not limited to, e-mail newsletters, social media scheduling, website updates, e-mail monitoring, and more.
- Help design event/program fliers, graphics, and other marketing materials, as needed.
- Monitor and create content for social media accounts, including first-person stories of LGBT elders, volunteers, and allies.
- Effectively communicate and report on social media buzz.
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for SAGE’s marketing and communications efforts.
Your qualifications should include a majority of the following (can consist of volunteer and school projects):
- Understanding of LGBT and/or aging issues in diverse communities preferred. Deep commitment to both required.
- Demonstrated understanding of SAGE’s values of diversity and equity which include understanding the different issues and needs of diverse elders within the LGBT community, such as trans elders, LGBT people of color, LGBT older people living with disabilities, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, editing, and proofreading
- Experience with social media usage beyond personal use, including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, etc.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and video editing preferred. Other graphic design programs acceptable (Canva, Piktochart, etc.)
- Experience with WordPressCMS
- Experience with analytic tools (Google Analytics, Twitter analytics, Sprout Social, and Facebook)
- Background in marketing, communication, nonprofit management, or other related disciplines, a plus, but not required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Comfortable working independently
- Great sense of humor
- Ability to articulate needs and boundaries in order to comfortably balance this part time work with other responsibilities.
Schedule: Approximately 15-20 hours a week. Preferably a 3-month commitment (March – end of June)
Job Location: Virtual
Compensation: Hourly rate based on experience.
How to Apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to: Careers@sageusa.org with “Communications Assistant” in the subject line. Resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed. Please include your salary requirements in your cover letter. No phone calls. Older people, people living with HIV, trans people, and people from traditionally underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SAGE is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, marital or family status, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, HIV serostatus, military or military discharge status, height, weight, disability or handicap, domestic violence victim status, employment status, socioeconomic status, criminal history or arrest record, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, natural hair or hairstyle, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SAGE is dedicated to this policy with respect to all matters concerning employment.
Company – Services & Advocacy for GLBT Elders (SAGE)
Website: https://www.sageusa.org/Click Here to Apply