Pay: $18 an hour
Full Job Description
ABOUT – The Latino Community Foundation of Colorado (LCFC) is a state-based philanthropic foundation—led by Latinos and Latinos.
We pursue civic, economic, and cultural opportunities that drive a more authentic narrative about Latinos in the state and cement a healthy and vibrant future where all Latino Coloradans will prosper.
LCFC builds on the influence and power of Latino communities throughout Colorado by investing in civic and economic development opportunities and community health and wellness and by elevating the existingwork of individual leaders, nonprofit institutions, and regional communities.
Our small and nimble Denver-based team, currently workingremotely, works together closely to further the LCFC mission: “to work hand inhand with our diverse communities to create culturally responsive strategiesthat build influence, equity and opportunity for all Latino Coloradans.”
We seek collaborative team members who embrace ourvalues, and arecommitted to racial and social justice and the advancement of Latinosthroughout the state of Colorado.
THE OPPORTUNITY – TheLatino Community Foundation of Colorado (LCFC) seeks a Communications Assistantto provide support in the areas of social media, website, and online marketingplatforms. Learn more about our programs at Latinocfc.org.
Asuccessful candidate will have strong writing skills, familiarity with avariety of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat,LinkedIn +), and a passion for working within the Latino community of Colorado.
Thisposition is part-time (10-12 hours per week) and reports to the Director ofCommunications and Grants Administration.
- Make weekly updates to LCFC social mediachannels
- Communicate with social media constituents
- Manage occasional updates to LCFC website(Squarespace)
- Light design work such as creating images,headers, and other social media graphics via simple online design platform,Canva by using existing templates
- Update internal LCFC databases and otheradministrative duties
- Track analytics/metrics on LCFC social mediachannels and website
- Regularly attend staff meetings
QUALIFICATIONS – A successfulcandidate will have the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Demonstrated strong communication skills,especially writing
- Familiarity with Facebook, Instagram,Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Hootsuite, and other online platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including experience buildingrelationships and working collaboratively in a team.
- Understanding of and familiarity withLatino-serving nonprofits and civic groups in Colorado preferred
- Passion for making positive, lasting change in community, and interestin the Foundation’s areas of work.
- Ability to effectivelymultitask
- Bilingual applicants(English/Spanish) strongly encouraged
SALARY AND EMPLOYMENT DETAILS
- $18/ hour pay rate
- Flexible weekly schedule to accommodatesecondary employment, school, or caretaking schedule
- Remote applicants, anywhere within the state ofColorado, will be considered
HOW TO APPLY – Upload aresume and a cover letter or portfolio (in place of a cover letter) on this page. Position open until filledwith an intent for a start date of April 5, 2021.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – The Foundationdoes not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment because ofrace, disability, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, genderexpression or identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteranstatus, or any other protected classification in hiring, promoting, demoting,training, benefits, transfers, layoffs, terminations, recommendations, rates ofpay or other terms and conditions of employment. Opportunity is provided to allemployees and applicants based on qualifications and job requirements.
Company – Latino Community Foundation
Website: https://latinocf.org/Click Here to Apply