Full Job Description
About Your Role:
As a Cloudflare Specialist for Dotdash, you will work in partnership with other Dotdash infrastructure experts to make sure performance and reliability SLAs are met. You will own the Cloudflare and WordPress infrastructure of several Dotdash-owned sites and be a first line of defence to ensure continued uptime.
This is a remote position, but applicants must live within the United States and be able to commit to at least 10 hours per week. This is a contract role.
About Your Contributions:
- Configure monitoring and alerting for CDN (Cloudflare) and Origin (WPEngine) services
- First line responder for issues relating to the CDN and origin infrastructure
- Assist with migration tasks between Cloudflare and other platforms
- Provide after hours support
- Highly experienced with the Cloudflare and WPEngine platforms
- Capable of providing 24×7 support
- Experience with standard monitoring systems, such as Icinga, Nagios, or Sensu
- Familiarity with web performance tuning and capable of making caching and other optimization recommendations
- Security-minded engineer with experience locking down WordPress websites
Dotdash’s vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday’s 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a firstname.lastname@example.org account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to email@example.com.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Company – Dotdash