The National Registry is seeking experienced EMS professionals as expert reviewers to help during the recertification season. This is a temporary, part-time role to assist the certification team.
The National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians, a non-profit organization based in Columbus, Ohio, is the National Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Certification organization. The mission of the National Registry is to provide a valid, uniform process to assess the knowledge and skills required for competent practice of EMS professionals throughout their careers, and to maintain a registry of certification status.
Working with National Registry
The National Registry’s leadership and staff are passionate about protecting the public by ensuring the nation’s emergency medical services professionals who work diligently to keep our communities safe are competent and properly certified. We are a diverse team committed to quality, integrity, and professionalism, and work collaboratively to create a difference in the public safety and healthcare industry. Requirements:
Job requirements mainly include, but are not limited to the following:
- Evaluate and process applications for certification, to include recertification and audit processes.
- Ensure attached documentation meets requirements of recertification.
- Review and process electronic audits related to certification as defined by appropriate policy and procedures.
- Review and respond to emails specific to recertification and audit processes.
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- Able to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Has high ethical standards
- Provides effective and timely communication by email, messaging, phone with staff when working remotely
- Demonstrates an ability to prioritize multiple tasks/demands and meet deadlines
- Approaches challenging situations positively and participates in the development of realistic solutions
- Ability to review a minimum of 30 applications per hour.
- Possess a basic understanding of National Registry eligibility and recertification requirements for EMS applicants at all certification levels.
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree or equivalent higher education preferred.
- Paramedic, National Registry Paramedic (NRP) and state licensed in good standing required.
- EMS Program or Continuing Education Instructor, Training Officer, or similar experience required with an understanding of the National Continued Competency Program (NCCP 2016) recertification model requirements preferred.
- The National Registry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- The chosen candidate must pass a pre-employment criminal background check. Candidate must be authorized to permanently work in the U.S.
For more information on the National Registry, visit www.nremt.org.
Job Type: Seasonal Part-Time
Company – National Registry of Emergency