Administrative, College & University, Human Services
$20.75 – $27.65/ hour
The Career Advisor works directly with the Director of Professional and Academic Programs to support alumni through one-on-one career services and other programming developed and delivered online, in community and on campus. This position requires the proficient use of various technology and platforms (e.g., Skype, join.me, Zoom, Google) to communicate with alumni. The Career Advisor identifies topics, prepares content, produces and delivers professional presentations to alumni and works with experts to develop partnerships and various programs. The Career Advisor also supports the job board, mentoring platform, LinkedIn, and web page.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Supporting alumni by providing 1-on-1 assistance which includes: Demonstrate myNotreDame Career and Professional
* Services using a variety of technologies and platforms.
* Review resumes, cover letters and provide feedback.
* Provide information and online resources.
* Maintaining online platforms such as the myNotreDame Career and Professional Services website, job board, mentoring platform and LinkedIn. This includes:
* Identifying and cultivating alumni, employers and others who can support alumni through job and other career opportunities, participate in the platforms and events; Facilitating job postings, posted resumes, job boards, event calendars, network links.
* Researching, identifying and posting reference materials (e.g., guides, articles, presentations, lectures, reading lists, FAQ)) for the multimedia resources page and discussion in the mentoring platform.
* Producing reports and analyzing web site, job board, mentoring platform effectiveness; Maintaining documentation of procedures, standard email messages, etc.
* Developing and delivering presentations including webinars, seminars, events (live and virtual) and workshops on career-related topics and Notre Dame resources. Working with and coaching other experts to develop their presentations.
* Other duties include: participating in key discussions and meetings with colleagues (on and off campus) to innovate and strengthen Notre Dame’ s professional development; tracking, updating and reporting key metrics; providing information including weekly activity reports, quarterly summaries and information for Executive Reports to the NDAA Board. Also fulfill data/information requests on as-needed basis; supporting the director on special projects and new initiatives.
* Bachelor’s Degree
* 3 to 4 years of experience
* Strong writing and interpersonal skills, highly organized, proficiency in MS office suite, myNotreDame, social media, and database and web site management.
* Fulfill alumni requests and provide support in a timely and professional manner.
* Able to research and recommend new tools, technologies, approaches, frameworks, services to innovate career and professional services.
* Support the Director of Professional and Academic Programs, Professional Committee and other on campus colleagues who provide professional development/career services to alumni.
* Maintain a professional and supportive demeanor to alumni and colleagues.
* Exercise discretion and main confidentiality.
Professional Resume Writing CertificationClick Here to Apply