Recruiter & HR
We help smart, enthusiastic and passionate students go from amateur to pro developer in 13 intense weeks. After training hundreds of students in web development, we’ve carefully crafted our curriculum to be effective, fun and packed full of the skills that are most in-demand in the developer job market. We believe being a programmer is an awesome and supremely fulfilling job but that it requires more than technical chops to be great.
Fullstack Academy is the premier software development school located in New York City and Chicago. Y Combinator-backed, our school has garnered the attention of Forbes, TechCrunch, and Business Insider, among others. The reputation of our school is built on the professional success of each and every one of our students. Students have gone on to promising careers at top-tier companies, like Google, Facebook, Amazon, and Spotify. In January 2016, we created the Grace Hopper Program, a need-blind software engineering program for women. In 2017, we launched Web Development Fellowship @ Fullstack Academy in partnership with NYC Tech Talent Pipeline, to offer a tuition-free version of our flagship Web Development Immersive to eligible New Yorkers.
“Fullstack Academy has been a life-changing experience” is something we hear often and the reason why we come to work everyday. Our students’ outcomes are the most important measures of our success and we’re looking to ensure their success by bringing on great contract Career Coaches to help polish their materials and interviewing skills.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a contract Career Coach at Fullstack Academy, you’ll help polish the professional materials of our students and give them the opportunity to polish their interviewing skills in a safe environment. Over a 3-week period, you’ll review our students key job-hunting materials and coach them on how to deliver their personal pitch and answer common behavioral interview questions.
This part-time, contract role involving 15-30 hours of work (depending on your appetite for clients!) over a 3 week period, every 7 weeks. Our campus is in New York City, but we’re open to remote folks who are available to schedule time during our normal working hours (11am-6pm EST). You’ll be working independently with students and your primary point of contact will be our Head of Career Success.
In this role, you will:
Deliver 2, 30-minute coaching sessions to students, including:
* A 30-minute review of the student’s resume, LinkedIn profile, and hiring day profile blurb
* A 30-minute review (total) of the student’s personal pitch, as well as a basic mock behavioral interview
Be able to support our students on our particular schedule (the bootcamp timeline -leaves little room for flexibility!) :
* The 30-minute Professional Materials review will require 2-3 days worth of full-time commitment (understood as 8 hours of work per day), scheduled across a Thursday, Friday and subsequent Monday period.
* The 30-minute Pitch and Mock Interview review should be scheduled and completed within 2 weeks the last day of the Professional Materials review.
* Reviews must be scheduled during normal business hours (11am-6pm) and can be delivered virtually (via video service such as Zoom, Skype or Google Hangout)
You’re a great candidate if you have:
* 1-2 years of direct recruiting or technical career coaching experience
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* A track-record as a diligent, organized, self-starter
* A passion for mentoring others to succeed
You’re an exceptional candidate if you also have:
* Worked with and provided career support (i.e. coaching, recruiting, etc..) to software developers