Full Job Description
About us: Grand Rounds is a tech-driven healthcare company dedicated to raising the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. By harnessing the power of technology, we connect nearly 6 million members to top-rated doctors and data-driven insights to make better-informed healthcare decisions. Driven by premier thought leaders in patient care, technology, and business since 2011, our team of 800+ proudly serves Walmart, Costco, Salesforce, and over 140 of America’s top employers as a free employee benefit. Chosen as a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and a UCSF Digital Health Award winner for Employer Wellness, Grand Rounds thrives at the forefront of technology-driven healthcare innovation.
We’re looking for someone who believes that each and every customer deserves world-class service and goes above and beyond to make sure that service is delivered. Our care coordinators have a demanding job, but the demands are worth the rewards. This is one of those rare opportunities where your work will help save lives, and truly enrich others. Care Coordinators are the most visible representatives of our mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. If you’re a highly empathetic and friendly individual, with a strong interest in making a real difference to people, we want to hear from you. Our Care Coordinators are on the front lines of our patient care, and we need your detail-oriented self to come and join the mission!
In Your First 30 Days:
- Onboard with Grand Rounds team and engage in internal learning
- Demonstrate knowledge of proprietary software and other required technology (Google apps, etc)
- Learn to articulate the Grand Rounds Mission and fully understand all of our product offerings
- Immediately make an impact on our members by guiding them through starting a case and delivering a few cases of your own
- Get to know your team members – catch up over lunch, shadow, go to trivia…!
In Your First 60 Days:
- Be readily available on the phone to answer questions, start cases on behalf of members, and assist them with navigating the healthcare system.
- Demonstrate proficiency in navigating insurance plan details and customer information provided by Grand Rounds
- Set personal short term and long term goals (>1 year and 2-3 years)
In Your First 90 Days:
- Be a vocal and active contributor during team meetings; we want to hear your perspective!
- Demonstrate an ability to skillfully and effectively collaborate with colleagues throughout the organization
- Delight our customers. You’ll pull out all the stops to deliver a memorable experience (in a “I can’t wait to tell my friends about this fabulous service” way)
- Navigate the challenging and complex health care landscape, and pivot quickly with change
- Research internal resources and external customer benefits to determine the best action to take for the member, and ensure the most accurate information is relayed
- Handle a fast-paced environment with competing priorities. You need good judgement to appropriately prioritize your responsibilities
- Be empathetic. You’ll work with members and their families who are going through challenging times. They may be grouchy. They may be in pain. They may be confused. You need to keep perspective, be empathetic, be efficient and reassure them that you can help
- Focus and participate in continuous improvement, constantly questioning how and why we do things and suggest alternatives that improve the customer experience, efficiency, etc…
- Ask questions and raise your hand when you need help. Lost time can directly impact lives
- Exceptional business writing skills, including accurate spelling and grammar. Not only will you talk to people on the phone, you’ll communicate with patients and doctors in writing as well
- Excellent verbal skills are essential as you’ll need to explain our services with confidence, speak clearly, confidently, and have a friendly phone demeanor
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Proficiency with technology; experience with google apps, apple products, and customer relationship management software a plus
- Ability to independently manage one’s own workload while maintaining quality targets and exceeding member expectations
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and problem solve complex situations
- A sense of humor. We work hard. So we like to laugh a lot too
- Ability to work from a home office if needed
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years relevant experience in healthcare or benefits/insurance organization is highly preferred.
We are a 24/7 operation, and we currently have a variety of 20 hour shift options available
–Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Company – Grand Rounds
Website: https://grandrounds.com/Click Here to Apply