Customer Service, Education & Training, Event Planning, Holiday & Seasonal, Retail, Sales
To be discussed.
Each year Scholastic Book Fairs, in partnership with schools across the country, hosts more than 127,000 book-sale events that give more than35 million students and their families access to thousands of affordable and educational products, helping foster a lifelong love of reading.
We are currently in search of a Part-Time Seasonal Merchandiser for Loudoun County Virginia to help our schools in the setup of their fairs. These part time seasonal positions offer flexible schedules during the school year, a generous 50% off discount on Scholastic merchandise, 401k and summers and holidays off.
Qualified candidates will be able to develop expertise in our product, merchandising, and services in order to offer our customers the best guidance on conducting their events. Ensure that fair product is organized, displayed and merchandised according to schematic and restocked as necessary. They will support our mission to encourage reading and promote lifelong learning, and demonstrate our values of caring and respect for all people.
* Conduct selected revenue-building activities to optimize Book Fair financial results for the school and the company (i.e.; Directed setups, Family Event Prep, Volunteer Training, and Teacher Preview).
* Identify, communicate and respond to opportunities to impact sales and customer satisfaction with each customer.
* Develop expertise in our product, merchandising, and services in order to offer each customer the best guidance on conducting bigger and better events.
* Represent Scholastic Book Fairs in a manner that assures our customers delight with our product, process, and services.
* Support our mission to encourage reading and promote lifelong learning, and demonstrate our values of caring and respect for all people.
* Perform duties in a timely and efficient manner and work on projects as identified and assigned by the Field Sales Manager.
* Experience in merchandising, retail or territory sales, event management, personal selling, or customer service.
* Proficiency with MS Office software.
* Ability to build and grow revenue while adding value for customers.
* Familiarization with children’s literature, Book Fairs, and school activities desired.
* Ability to execute a vision, manage multiple priorities, and achieve results.
* Strong oral and written communication skills, including oral presentation skills.
* Demonstrated customer orientation.
* Outstanding interpersonal and relationship-building skills – with peers, superiors (across functions and throughout the company) and customers.
* Proficient in marketing and merchandising strategy and execution.
* Professional business attire and appearance.
* Current and valid driver’s license with good driving record required.
* Overnight travel as necessary.
* Evening hours as needed.
* Ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs, push/pull cases up to 300 lbs.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply