HCS is seeking a Billing Specialist whose responsibilities would include multi pay source claim submissions, following-up on outstanding accounts, and reviewing of different sources for payment accuracy and posting. This position requires good multi-tasking skills and the ability to work independently once trained. Works closely with other billing specialists, authorization specialist, and staff accountant.
This is a full-time, benefited position which works 30 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Following training, the position will work remotely with periodic visits to the Keene, NH office until such time as a return to the office is possible.
- Associates degree – Accounting or Finance preferred;
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in home health care or other health facilities, with experience in billing for health insurance benefits or
- A combination of education and experience that is determined to be equivalent to the above listed education and experience.
- Experience as a health care biller is a plus
- Knowledge of computerized billing systems and personal computers
- The ability to clearly communicate with staff at all levels and the ability to work independently
Home Healthcare, Hospice and Community Services (HCS) is a non-profit organization providing comprehensive services in southwestern New Hampshire. HCS’s clinical services include visiting nurses, physical and occupational therapies, social work and home health aides. Hospice at HCS offers end of life care, grief support and Pet Peace of Mind for patients and family members where ever they call home, including in assisted living and nursing homes. Hospice at HCS rates above state and national averages in many important quality measures and maintains a 100% overall satisfaction rating (from data compiled by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid.) HCS is unique in the wide range of community services that are offered to the community, including Healthy Starts maternal and child health services, Meals on Wheels and senior dining, City Express and Friendly Bus transportation, Age In Motion exercise for older adults and Nurse Is In blood pressure and foot care clinics. HCS is Medicare certified and licensed by the State of New Hampshire, and proud to be a Monadnock United Way agency.
Company – Home Healthcare Hospice & Community Services