Technical Support, Bilingual
Your mission will be to provide outstanding technical support for Amazon.com customers in Japanese in regards to Digital, Devices, and other technical products via phone, chat, and email. This fun and fast-paced position requires an action-oriented, technically competent, and flexible problem-solver with excellent communication skills.
This position mainly supports day time shifts but subject to change based on business needs.
What is a Flex position in Virtual Customer Service?
Our Virtual Customer Service is open 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. As a permanent Amazon Customer Service Part Time Flex (PT) employee you will work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of our business and customers. Work schedules will be selected through shift bids which take into consideration business need and your performance. The average amount of hours scheduled per associate will be 20-29 hours per week, with expectations to work additional hours during Peak Seasons. Available shifts will include morning, afternoon and evenings, typically including one or both weekend days. Schedules will change throughout the duration of your employment. There may be mandatory instances of additional scheduled work time, based on business needs or large scale events. Being available to work a flexible schedule that falls within our operating hours is required and expected.
Associates utilize Amazon-provided laptops and headsets to manage their work, including scheduling shifts and taking customer contacts.
Except as otherwise required by law, this role pays: $15.00 + $1.50 language premium per hour, payable in accordance with the Company’s standard payroll practice and subject to applicable withholding taxes. Amazon will provide dedicated resources to support your ongoing growth and development.
• Provide account and application technical support to digital and device customers over the phone, chat, and email, specially troubleshooting.
• Provide prompt, efficient, detailed, customer-oriented service to Amazon.ca customers.
• Act as an advocate for our customer, reporting and acting on observed areas for improvement.
• Assume responsibility for developing detailed knowledge about specific product lines and features.
• Ensure internal reference pages are updated.
• Associates are required to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, as daily work is managed via phone, email, and/or chat.
• Ensure interactive website features are operational and surface all problematic issues for immediate correction.
• Actively seek solutions to customer needs and identify trends to appropriate personnel, including possible solutions or suggestions
• Must be fluent in Japanese.
• Support a flexible working schedule every three weeks to meet business needs.
• High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
• You must provide a home work area that is free of any and all distractions. You must be able to devote your full undivided attention to the Amazon customer.
• You agree that you will not provide child or adult care during hours of scheduled work.
• Navigate the internet, multiple browsers, email, phone and instant messenger/chat tools.
• 1+ years in a service environment dealing with customers.
• Associates are measured on schedule adherence, contact quality, efficiency, and process compliance.
• Participate and complete mandatory training (this schedule may be different from your production schedule upon hiring).
• A minimum of 10 mbps download and 5 mbps upload speed from a reliable internet provider (Cable, DSL or Fiber Optic/FiOS providers only).
• Must be directly connected to router/modem via Ethernet cable.
• You are encouraged to use an external monitor (with appropriate cables), wired USB keyboard, and wired USB mouse, but they are not required or provided.
• You will be shipped an Amazon owned laptop, headset, and Ethernet adaptor, and two security tokens to the address provided in your application.