Administration, Management, Education, Collage
To be discussed.
Serves as a liaison to benefit vendors. Ensures employee benefit administration complies with regulations and policies. Must have excellent understanding of benefit premium payments and calculations, Excel skills, and written communications. Thorough analysis of retroactive benefit deduction collections.
This is a part-time position allowing remote work schedule.
For more information regarding the physical requirements and environmental conditions for this job, please click here.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
* Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
* Problem Solving/Complexity of Work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
* Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
* Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
* Processes and reconciles benefit transactions, invoices, and reports.
* Provides analysis of plan activity and other audit and compliance matters.
* Researches and responds to Benefit Express about retroactive payments, customer questions and concerns.
* Participates in projects, including annual open enrollment, new or enhanced benefits, and development of communication materials.
Core Capabilities: Supporting Colleagues
* Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas
* Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships
* Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one’s own communication style to suit different situations and audiences
Core Capabilities: Delivering Excellent Services
* Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them
* Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions
* Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees’ effectiveness
Core Capabilities: Ensuring High Quality
* Performs excellent work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly
* Ensures continuous improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them
* Fulfills safety and regulatory requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring
* Core Capabilities: Managing Resources Effectively
* Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure
* Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area
* Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities
Core Capabilities: Fostering Innovation
* Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches
* Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges
* Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements
* Benefits Knowledge (Intermediate): Knowledge of the benefits offered by including their administration and rules.
* Typically, employee benefits include medical, dental, vision, retirement, disability, life insurance, and flexible spending.
* Documentation (Advanced): Ensures that all documentation is complete, accurate, thorough, and compliant.
* Analytical Skills (Intermediate): Data Analysis is the process of identifying, evaluating, interpreting and organizing data. It includes sorting through data to identify patterns and establish relationships for decision making.
* Presentation Skills (Intermediate): The ability to prepare effective presentations in content and function, able to speak competently to the level of the audience.Click Here to Apply