Do you love trying out the latest beauty products to see how they really fare at home (and in selfies)? If you enjoy researching your favorite beauty brands to find the next best buy, then we’d love to talk to you. We’re looking for beauty experts to test products thoroughly and write about their experiences on Byrdie.
As a Beauty Review Writer, you will be analyzing products — from derma rollers to mascaras — to help Byrdie readers weigh the pros and cons, get in-depth knowledge about the product or its category, and gain a clear understanding of your hands-on experience. You will use your writing skills and photography abilities to create a compelling and personal review. We would like candidates to commit to at least three reviews per month at a minimum.
About Your Contributions:
- Writing insightful and engaging 1000- to 1500-word review articles to help consumers make thoughtful buying decisions
- Setting up and testing multiple products at a time
- Taking high-quality, well-lit photos of the products in use
- Taking selfies of you using the product
- Turning in copy and photos on time
- Experience writing about beauty, with preference going to writers who have specifically written about products
- Adept at writing conversational and clean copy
- Experience writing for the Web
- Strong research skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and meeting staggered deadlines
- Experience taking sharp, clear photos (with access to a DSLR being a must)
- Willingness to follow detailed guidelines, accept edits, and reshoot images
Your reviews will be published on Byrdie. We are looking for reviewers who are able to take on 3-4 products at a time, with word counts ranging from 1,000-1,500 words per review. We offer competitive rates per article.
Dotdash brands help people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We reach over 90 million people each month, more than 35% of the U.S. online population, according to comScore, and are one of the largest content publishers on the Internet. Dotdash brands collectively have won more than 50 industry awards in the last year alone, and are among the fastest-growing in their categories. Our brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy, Brides, Liquor.com, and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a email@example.com account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status