To be discussed.
KeyPoint Government Solutions is currently seeking independent contractors to be background investigators in the Media, PA area. Candidates will be considered based on qualifications specified below.
Successful independent contractors come from every background. If you have the desire to protect your country, and the ability to obtain a security clearance and commit to a training process, please consider joining our growing team.
As a KeyPoint Independent Contractor, you will:
Run your own business and contract with us to conduct background investigations for the purpose of determining employment suitability for people who require access to sensitive or classified government information, initially focusing on casework for the Office of Personnel Management (OPM). Casework for other contracts will be assigned based on Investigator qualifications and business need.
You’ll need to provide evidence of insurance (including liability and, if you’ll use a personal vehicle, auto and a valid driver’s license), and, as applicable, marketing materials, a fictitious name statement filing, articles of incorporation, city or county business license and professional license. You will also need to provide business bank account information as well as a W-9. You will receive a 1099 and you are, by law, obligated to file your own business taxes. Independent contractors are not KeyPoint employees, are not eligible for benefits, and are not paid by the hour.
Receive casework for within a reasonable distance of your home location. You may request additional work in different geographic areas, for instance for when you travel out of town. KeyPoint does not reimburse for mileage and travel expenses. These are expenses of your own business. Relocation assistance is not available for this position. You must live in the area for which you’re engaged for work before the start of the government-mandated training.
Conduct face-to-face interviews and perform record searches at institutions of all types, and type up the information you gather into a government computer system. You’ll complete most tasks during general work week business hours, and most tasks have specific government due dates of within 2 – 3 weeks.
Control your work schedule by accepting or rejecting work, have complete flexibility to perform similar or other services for third parties, including all competitors, work from a home office, and receive compensation on an engagement-completed basis. Since you schedule work yourself, you can do so efficiently to maximize your profit. Note that you’ll be responsible for correcting assignment mistakes without compensation.
– Experience conducting OPM or other federal background investigations is preferred. Candidates with 4 years of general work experience or a Bachelor’s degree will also be considered. Additional preferences include:
– Previous experience on the OPM contract
– Federal investigations experience
– Candidates with an active or recent Secret, Top Secret or SSBI clearance
– Military Spouse Partnership eligibility
– ROTC membership
– U.S. citizenship
– Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance , which includes an investigation of 10+ years of residence, education, work, financial, medical and personal information
– Ability to pass a government-required, post-offer drug test
– Ability to attend the mandatory training class that includes 2 weeks away from home (see below)
– Access to reliable transportation
– Ability to effectively manage time to meet government deadlines
– Ability to professionally and effectively interact with a variety of individuals
– Excellent written communication skills for report-writing requirements
– Comfort with typing (40+ WPM) and intermediate computer skills (specifically email and Microsoft Word)
Security clearance: Again, independent contractors with a current, active federal security clearance (SSBI/TS) are preferred, but if the most qualified candidate does not have a current clearance, KeyPoint will request it.
Could you be successful in this role?
If you’re willing to invest a significant amount of time to obtain a security clearance in order to operate as a credentialed background investigator on behalf of the federal government, this position could be for you. People who have joined us as independent contractors include:
* Retired military and federal employees
* Military spouses and partners
* Business owners (real estate, insurance, etc.)
* Retired professionals, e.g., educators, law enforcement and first responders
* Current college students or college graduates
* Working parents
Must be able to sit for long periods of time, stand, walk, move about a facility, bend, stoop, and climb stairs; drive; demonstrate sufficient hand, arm and finger dexterity to operate computer keyboard and other office equipment; lift and move up to 10 pounds; speak and hear sufficiently to communicate in person and over the phone; read words and numbers; maintain visual ability including close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and to adjust focus; able to pay attention to details; able to concentrate; interact professionally, cooperatively and productively; perform in a manner that prevents errors and omissions; tolerate a constant, moderate noise level; work independently.Click Here to Apply