Art & Creative, Photography, Editing, Video
The Archivist plays a critical role in the management and cataloging of a company’s digital assets. They are responsible for ingesting, organizing, editing, distributing, curating, archiving, and otherwise managing and an organization’s digital assets. Digital assets may be photos/images, illustrations, audio files, videos, PDFs, logos, or branded materials.
The Archivist must be highly organized, and understand the importance of creating and maintaining a strong file management system that improves the efficiency of a team and organization. They must be able to quickly distribute several potential images to the content team for use on a webpage, in a print/digital campaign, or for overall content development strategy and implementation. These decisions need to be informed by a strong understanding of visual story-telling, ethics, and of PIH’s programs, communities, and values.
- Under the supervision of the Production Manager, the Archivist (PT) is responsible for the following duties:
- Manage and oversee all technical aspects of Merlin, PIH’s Digital Asset Management system
- Assemble and organize all raw stills and footage into local backups and prepare appropriate exports for ingest into the DAM (Merlin)
- Assist cross-site colleagues in the use of our DAM system, technically, creatively, and administratively
- Provide audiovisual library services
- Curate content collections based on topic, geography, visual mood, visual composition, etc.
- Ensure that the audiovisual collection items are accurately catalogued and indexed
- Assist in updating and maintaining internal audiovisual databases
- Assist in uploading newly digitized items in the Merlin DAM
- Provide quality assurance of legacy metadata for accuracy, completeness and data integrity of records and related digital assets
- Make appropriate toning and color adjustments to imagery, as needed, with a soft-handed journalistic approach for quality reproduction and correction only.
- Manage descriptive, technical, administrative and preservation metadata for both accessibility and long-term preservation of digital assets and related metadata
- Assists video production team with tagging and selection of images and raw files for inclusion in projects
- Advise colleagues on visual decisions based on story, ethics, and aesthetics such as images related to design and visual variety.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in Communications, Journalism, Film, Photography or equivalent in experience and education
- Knowledge of audiovisual library and archives processes and workflows (photo, audio, video and film digitization, appraisal, selection, cataloguing, indexing, research on primary and secondary sources, search/discovery, digital preservation)
- Competency in Photo Mechanic or equivalent batch workflow software (Adobe Bridge, LightRoom)
- Experience in photo editing with large quantities of images.
- Experience with IPTC metadata and captioning
- Basic knowledge of non-linear digital editing for audio and video; knowledge of best practices and procedures in digital media management and archives.
- Basic competency in Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Photoshop and Premiere.
- Cultural competency and cultural humility, asking questions rather than making assumptions about media depicting diverse communities.
- Awareness of implicit bias in media
- Familiarity with NPPA Code of Ethics is a plus
- Commitment to social justice
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Kazakhstan, Sierra Leone, and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
Partners In Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Company – Partners In Health
Website – https://www.pih.org/