Associate Operations Research Analyst
Full Job Description
- Category: Research and Sciences
- Location: Melbourne, Florida
- US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes –May Consider Occasional/Part Time Teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift
- Travel Required: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today. Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider for launch systems capabilities serving national security, military, civil and commercial customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible. SSSD has an opening for a Associate Program Planning Schedule Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, California.
Must be able to obtain a DoD Top Secret and/or SSBI Clearance.
The selected candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to: Assists in preparing, developing and coordinating the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) to meet all program objectives. Assist in ensuring program schedules are horizontally and vertically integrated Provides weekly status and reporting Conduct trend analysis and report data, ie: late start/finish, forecast date impacts, program schedule margin, and changes to critical path(s) Supports Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBR) and Joint Surveillance Reviews (JSR) audits Implements scheduling best practices as prescribed by industry to include, but not limited to:
o DCMA 14-point
o IPMR DI-MGMT-81861
o Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
o Critical Path Analysis
o Schedule Risk Analysis (SRA)
o Schedule Performance and Health Metrics and Analysis The successful candidate will possess the following: Ability to perform detailed schedule analysis and make recommendations to solve problems Ability to create presentation content and present to various levels of leadership Ability to effectively work with multiple functional teams, supplier teams, and the Program/Project Manager As an employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for our robust benefits package which includes:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work. To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers” video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo From <https://ngc.taleo.net/enterprise/akirax/flex/readOnlyFrame.jsf>
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college with a major in business or STEM (Science, Technology Engineering or Mathematics)?
- Ability to learn project scheduling using Microsoft Project or other related scheduling tool.
- Experience using MS Office Suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Top Secret and/or SSBI Clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, and/or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline.
- Experience with Microsoft Project Server 2010/2013
- Knowledge with Integrated Master Plan (IMP) and Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) development; Schedule Risk Assessment (SRA) approach and execution
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees, management, and executive leadership
- Good organizational skills and the ability to handle multi-tasking
- Self-motivated and able to work as a teammate and independently
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Company – Northrop Grumman
Website: https://www.northropgrumman.com/Click Here to Apply