Assistant Online Shopping Manager
Full Job Description
The Assistant Online Shopping Manager assists the Online Shopping Manager in the planning, implementation, staffing, and tracking for the fulfillment and delivery of the store’s online shopping website. Will assist in maintaining the order fulfillment process and supervision of personal shoppers and delivery drivers.
Accountable and Reports to:
Store Director; Assistant Director HWH, Perishables, and Store Operations; Assistant Managers GM,
Perishables, and Store Operations; Department Managers; Online Shopping Manager
Positions that Report to you:
Online Personal Shoppers, Online Produce Personal Shoppers, E-Commerce Clerks, E-Commerce Drivers, E-Commerce Pick Up Clerks
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers’ names and to address them by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products they’re looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience
- Answers the telephone and emails promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
- Ensures smooth operation of order fulfillment process.
- Continually monitors incoming online orders to ensure prompt, on-time fulfillment.
- Assists online shopping manager in training new employees.
- Ensures that customers are satisfied with their experience and takes any steps necessary to address customer service issues.
- Adheres to all food safety guidelines and ensures products are kept at proper temperature to provide customers with the highest quality possible.
- Provides education to existing employees regarding new policies and procedures.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
- Assumes management duties in absence of Department Manager.
Instructing, assigning, reviewing, and planning the work of others. Maintaining standards, coordinating activities, and acting on employee problems. Has the authority to recommend employee discipline.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Must be skilled in the computer as well as the internet.
- Visual requirements include: ability to see detail at near range with or without correction.
- Must be physically able to perform sedentary work: occasionally lifting or carrying objects of no more than 10 pounds, and occasionally standing or walking.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: stooping, kneeling, reaching, handling, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing and repetitive motions.
- Must possess the ability to compose original correspondence; follow technical manuals; evaluate technical data, and advise people. Possess the ability to interview to obtain basic information; guide people to provide basic direction and have increased contact with people.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Commitment to the Hy-Vee Mission and a willingness to promote the values of the company
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to relate to and interact with people in a friendly, professional manner
- Ability to identify problems, develop and execute solutions
- Ability to interact with basic computer systems, including word processing, spreadsheet and email applications, as well as job-specific programs
The duties of this position are mostly performed in a retail store setting. This position maybe exposed to dust, noise, and temperature extremes. There are possible hazards from moving equipment and possible electrical shock. There is constant pressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects in a day. This is a fast paced work environment.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
PC, modem, and printer with Windows NT, Microsoft Office, E-mail, Internet explorer software. UNIX systems with VDT’s cash registers and register computers, Telexon, electronic scales, calculator, telephone, and FAX machine.
Has daily contact with store personnel, suppliers/vendors, customers, and the general public. Occasional contact with federal or state regulatory agencies regarding inspections.
Has access to confidential information including inventory costs, sales, e-mail messages, pricing, sales reports, profit and loss reports, and all data related to operations.
Company – Hy-Vee, Inc.
Website: https://www.hy-vee.com/Click Here to Apply