As Assistant Editor, you will fact check and edit educational articles about financial products, money-management strategies, and the economy. Every day, hundreds of thousands of people rely on The Balance to make financial decisions. They are consumers, savers, entrepreneurs, investors, students, retirees, and professionals—anyone looking to improve their financial livelihood. You will help ensure we publish the most informative, accurate, and transparent information about financial products and personal finance best practices.
The ideal candidate is familiar with and eager to learn about personal finance and investing topics, enjoys working both independently and with team members, and enjoys contributing to multiple projects on a fast-moving team.
About Your Contributions:
- Edit and publish 2-3 articles daily, evaluating for accuracy, flow, logic and grammar.
- Analyze existing content quality and performance to identify opportunities for improvement across our corpus of 25,000 documents.
- Assist staff editors in creating and managing projects to send to our team of freelance editors, and oversee their progress. This includes sending feedback and answering questions as they arise.
- Coordinate projects with data visualization and visual asset teams to add engaging elements to written work.
- Assist staff editors in creating and managing assignments. Collaborate with SEO team to create content briefs for assignments.
- 1+ years of editing and writing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in English, journalism, communications, or a related field.
- Can prioritize when working on multiple projects and proactively adjust priorities to fit team needs.
- Enjoy learning new skills and topics.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong desire to help make people smarter in their financial lives.
Dotdash brands help people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We reach over 100 million people each month, more than 35% of the U.S. online population, according to comScore, and are one of the largest content publishers on the Internet. Dotdash brands collectively have won more than 50 industry awards in the last year alone, and are among the fastest-growing in their categories. Our brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Spruce, The Balance, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, Treehugger and ThoughtCo.
Company – The Balance
Website – https://www.thebalance.com/