News & Journalism, Reporter, Writing
To be discussed.
Mic is the premier news and media company for young people. With insightful stories and compelling perspectives, Mic engages an educated and mobile audience with the issues that define a generation. Each month, more than 30 million readers rely on Mic’s unique sensibility to stay informed and make sense of the world.
Mic is looking for a highly motivated, passionate writer for our Arts team. This applicant should have experience reporting and writing about arts and entertainment, conducting interviews, and have a nuanced understanding of how people consume and relate to pop culture. The applicant should be able to refer to their own long list of arts and entertainment websites, blogs and social media accounts as resources. The contractor will spend four months with Mic, during which time they’ll help grow our comprehensive coverage of arts and entertainment topics, from the latest cast updates for upcoming movies and TV shows to the best films on Netflix for date night.
This is a four-month part-time contract position and writers are required to work remotely.
The best applicants will:
* Have the ability to create clean, high-quality copy under very tight deadlines
* Have the ability to write comfortably and competently about arts and entertainment
* Be social media savvy, able to monitor Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, Reddit, and wherever else news for breaking and trending story opportunities can be found
* Write quickly and accurately under tight deadlines
* Be able to follow proper protocol around sourcing
* Strong knowledge of SEO best practices, or be willing to learn
* Familiarity with mic.com and its voice
* Willing to work evenings and weekends on a flexible schedule
* Strong knowledge of AP style
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply