Consulting, Military, Research
You thrive on the ability to add value to your community through engagement and greater understanding of the issues facing Active Duty military, National Guard, and Reserve families. You easily see the details in the data and can pull out relevant findings. You enjoy uncovering new information and being on the cutting edge of developing trends. You enjoy the flexibility of remote work, but can ensure tasks are completed on time, and enjoy working as part of a larger team to complete projects.
Sound like YOU? Blue Star Families is looking for an enthusiastic Applied Research Generalist Consultant to join our team! Come dream and create with us.
*This is a contract opportunity*
A day in the life:
Support the Applied Research Team to develop, field, and analyze quantitative and qualitative research projects, including survey instrument development, identifying statistical analyses to support findings, identifying and writing research findings and placing them in context referencing relevant current policy proposals and making recommendations
Attend regular meetings with the Applied Research Team and others as needed by request.
To land this job:
- A Master’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience and/or coursework (grade must be provided) in:
- Research Methods (including quantitative and qualitative data analysis)
- Program Evaluation (desired, but not required)
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality work for multiple aspects of a project in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in community-based research using quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Experience, knowledge, or interest in military and veteran families
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Can work independently and collaboratively
- Familiar or comfortable with Google Suite, Salesforce, getfeedback/SurveyMonkey, Excel
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary to carry out key job functions
- Ability to move seamlessly across projects and comfort working with different project managers
Company – Blue Star Families – BSF
Website – https://bluestarfam.org/