Anime Features Editor
Full Job Description
CBR is dedicated to achieving a workplace that reflects the diversity of the community it serves. We welcome applications from women, BIPOC professionals, persons with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTQ+, and others who may contribute to diversification in our workplace.
The editorial team at Valnet Inc. is looking for a dedicated Part-Time Features Anime Editor to provide anime-related coverage at CBR.com.
Are you a pop-culture enthusiast dedicated to staying up-to-date with the latest anime news and rumors? Are you a self-starting, hard-working, and dynamic writer who can investigate, research, and produce compelling news copy to tight deadlines and strict editorial standards?
If so, then we need you!
As a part-time freelance Anime Features Editor for CBR, you will work with a dedicated editorial team to create original and informative articles that our discriminating audience demands, with the eye-catching aesthetic they crave.
Want to turn your passion for our beloved nerd culture into a stable writing gig? Do you think you’d like a great fit for our team? Apply to join the CBR Team today!
- Edit/Write a minimum of 6 articles daily over 5 days (30/week)
- Flexible 4-hour shifts;
- Work with other CBR editors to consistently and constantly identify news stories to feature on CBR.com;
- Craft headlines, blurbs, and peripheral text to capture new and existing traffic optimize SEO traffic for various avenues of dissemination;
- Responsible for quickly mastering the editorial and formatting guidelines of CBR to help manage the anime team;
- Work with writers to assign features articles, keep freelance writers on-track to tight deadlines and provide feedback regarding site style and process;
- Identify new areas of growth for the CBR Features operation as needed or dictated by Lead and/or Senior Editors;
- Track and analyze traffic trends to identify best practices and areas for future growth, especially on weekends;
- Conduct any and all other tasks as dedicated by the Lead Editor or Senior Staff.
- Cover Letter
- 2-3 links to samples of published written work
Applicants must be highly motivated and possess the following requirements:
- Relevant experience in writing and editing
- Broad working knowledge of anime history, an expert on anime characters past and present.
The hiring team at CBR will be back to you as soon as possible if we think you’d make a solid addition to the team. Only applications containing relevant writing samples will be considered.
Link to our website: www.cbr.com
**This is a contracted, work from home, freelance position**
Powered by JazzHR
Company -Valnet FreelanceClick Here to Apply