Writing, K-12, Education & Training, Online Content
Elevate K-12 is changing the way classrooms work through live, online, real-time instruction to K-12 schools. Our two main focuses are to give students the best quality instructors and get them ready for the world of the future and to give instructors, especially women, work opportunities, irrespective of zip codes. We are the new way to classroom!
An experienced, dynamic, tech-savvy American Sign Language educator with curriculum writing experience. Someone with deep knowledge of research-based curriculum approaches and effective assessment strategies.
- Develop detailed lesson plans based on curriculum maps, standards, and other specifications
- Conduct any necessary research regarding: State standards, curricular approaches, online teacher methods, etc.
- Design engaging and innovative lessons that leverage technology, research-based strategies, and best practices for online ASL instruction
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure the team is creating effective lessons that build on each other and share the same general voice
- Develop formative and summative assessments that accurately monitor student progress
- Facilitate the preparation of materials, such as activities, projects, study guides, worksheets, etc. that align with the lessons
- Work collaboratively with fellow content writers to edit and improve lessons
What you will need:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- A US state certification in Teaching ASL.
- Master’s Degree in Education (preferred)
- ASL teaching experience (online or in-person)
- At least 4 years of experience writing ASL curriculum that has been used in the online, public, or private school environment
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Tech proficiency: PowerPoint, Word, Google Suite
- Experience with popular ed tech ASL applications (preferred)
- Availability between 8 am and 3 pm CST (work hours are flexible, but the ability to be online during this time is important)
Company – Elevate K-12