Manning Publications is looking for an Amazon Marketing Specialist to join our team. We’ve been publishing books that teach technical topics to software professionals for over two decades, and we believe our books and videos are the best in the business. We’re looking for a marketing manager who can continue the growth of our uniquely valuable products to developers, administrators, and other IT professionals around the globe, and expand our partnerships with industry leaders. That’s where you come in! You’ll be responsible for developing, executing, and maintaining Manning products on Amazon and Google Shopping, and support other paid marketing efforts as necessary.
Amazon Advertising and Google Shopping (85% of focus)
- Own the Amazon store experience for Manning, and establish a systemized approach to paid advertising on this platform
- Review product copy and optimize through keyword research for Amazon
- Execute and optimize the paid campaigns based on the results
- Research and establish a Manning presence on the new Google Shopping platform
- Perform competitive analysis and determine how to target our biggest competitors within these marketplaces
- Maintain campaign tracking, performance metrics, and share the results weekly
- Help to increase the number of reviews for Manning books on Amazon
Digital Marketing (15% of focus)
- Support our Facebook advertising, Google Ads placements, remarketing efforts, and any other digital marketing channel—acting as a backup manager or understudy for all of these channels
- Train with the digital marketing manager to learn the tools and bidding strategy, and manage the channels temporarily as needed
- Understand the tracking and reporting on performance for these channels
We need someone with the know-how to develop and expand the effectiveness of our campaigns, increase our brand’s reach, and make data-driven decisions to help us grow. If you are a marketer experienced with Amazon advertising and have a general knowledge of digital marketing, we encourage you to apply for this position.
Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience in Amazon Advertising
- Experience managing and updating the online product catalog—setting up new products and promotional items and maintaining product and category pages data analysis, performance trends, etc.
- Excellent analytical skills and proficiency in Excel and/or similar software
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing
- Knowledge of Facebook advertising, Google Ads, and remarketing platforms
- Self-starter able to multi-task and ready to work in a fast-paced, remote environment
- Prior experience in marketing technical products is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
- A sense of humor
Apply for this position
Please send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Amazon Marketing Specialist in the subject line. This is a remote work opportunity.
Company – Manning Publications Co.
Website – https://www.manning.com/