Agriculture Market Analyst
Full Job Description
Agriculture Market Analyst – RemoteLocation: Remote
Job Type: Part-Time
Years of Experience: Minimum of 1 year
Level of Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Date Updated: March 3, 2021
Now is the time to join Lindahl Reed, Inc. Lindahl Reed is a professional services company that provides program management, scientific and technical, and management advisory services to federal, state, institutional, and commercial customers nationwide. We offer expertise in the health, energy, and environmental markets. Lindahl Reed was founded in 2014 on the belief that we can advance a safer, healthier, and more resilient and sustainable world. Our solutions allow clients to work smarter and gain unique insights and understanding into their organization as well as improve decision-making to help meet their mission, business, compliance, and operational challenges – now and into the future. We are hiring creative, motivated, and talented people with a passion for doing what’s right, what’s smart, and what works.
Lindahl Reed seeks an Agriculture Market Analyst to join our Climate Change Team. Our team provides advanced analytic, modeling, and strategic consulting services associated with agriculture environmental market practices for the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). We support the design and
analysis of policies and practices to implement environmental markets for agriculture in the United States.
We analyze tools, projects, and market conditions to promote market design and project implementation using a full suite of public-private partnership alternatives. Our analysis informs technical and business decision-making, policy, and planning support for USDA. This position is an opportunity to design
environmental policy, market, and modeling skills as a consultant, and to develop solutions. This position will be part of a broader team focused on accelerating the implementation of agriculture practices that reduce climate impacts and increase climate resiliency.
As a member of the Climate Change Team, you will use multidisciplinary approaches to support planning and evaluation and develop environmental market projects. You will assist the team in developing options for environmental markets by researching standards, reviewing scientific literature for the latest trends, preparing memorandum and presentations, and providing other relevant technical expertise on a variety of agricultural technologies and projects. You will work collaboratively to promote a team environment and support and participate in project meetings, customer communications, and other special projects.
- Contributing to market and policy analysis as part of environmental markets for agriculture.
- Identifying and executing creative approaches to analyzing agricultural practices, their benefits and costs as well as risks and risk mitigation.
- Contributing to written reports and presentations developed as part of agricultural environmental markets.
- Supporting clients on the value implications of agriculture practices, science, and policies within environmental markets for agriculture.
- Work efficiently and collaboratively with interdisciplinary teams providing technical input and support to their projects.
- Conduct quality control reviews of efficiency projects and analysis.
- Independently manage tasks, including successfully navigating and meeting deadlines that span a number of different projects.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as public policy, economics, or environmental studies.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience related to environmental market analysis, modeling, and analysis within the agriculture-focused private sector, public-sector, and/or non-profit sector.
- Highly motivated, intellectually curious, diligent, communicative, and creative thinker with the ability to navigate complex technical and organization challenges and barriers.
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex analysis to executive level decision-makers.
- High attention to detail and ability to manage 5-10 projects concurrently and adjust to shifting deadlines.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Previous experience and comfort with modeling and quantitative analysis.
- Experience working with the U.S. Department of Agriculture organizations is a plus.
- Ability to work in a team–oriented environment.
- Ability to travel to Washington, DC for as-needed meetings.
All positions require a background check after acceptance of our offer. The selected candidate may be eligible to begin employment before the background check has been finalized. However, continued employment with Lindahl Reed will be contingent upon the results of candidate’s reference/background check. We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical
or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For more information, view the Pay Transparency Statement This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in Lindahl Reed’s sole discretion.Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws – view the following links to see more information:
Family & Medical Leave
Equal Opportunity Employment
This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in Lindahl Reed’s sole discretion.
Company – Lindahl Reed, Inc.
Website: https://lindahlreed.com/Click Here to Apply