Administrative, Research, Library
$15.12 – $18.46
* Graduation from High School or equivalent, plus three (3) years of experience in general clerical/secretarial experience.
* Education and or experience will substitute for the minimum qualifications
Notes to Applicants
A detailed and complete job application is REQUIRED and helps us to better evaluate your qualifications. In completing your job application, please be sure to provide a COMPLETE employment history regarding any relevant experience that you wish for us to consider. This information will also be used to determine salary in the event that you are selected for this position. NOTE: A cover letter and/or resume will NOT be used to substitute for an incomplete job application.
* Must be able to provide own transportation and to travel to various locations.
* Work locations and schedules may change frequently to meet the changing business needs of the library system.
$15.12 – $18.46
Part Time (20 hrs per week)
Varying hours depending upon assigned work locations.
* Experience working in a library, book store, or similar environment.
* Working knowledge of automated library circulation systems, preferably SIRSI/Dynix software and systems.
* Experience collecting and recording fines and fees with ability to prepare reports.
* Experience providing friendly customer service, handling a high volume of customers, responding to customer questions, and resolving issues.
* Ability to respond to customer questions in Spanish or another language as needed by library location.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
* Greets visitors, handles their inquiries, and directs them to the appropriate person.
* Answers multi-line telephones, or two-way radios and directs calls or takes messages..
* Maintains office supply inventories by placing orders..
* Schedules and coordinates meetings.
* Distributes, disperses, and reconciles petty cash requests.
* Types letters, memos, forms and other correspondence.
* Picks up, sorts and delivers mail to appropriate person.
* Files and retrieves documents, records and reports.
* Maintains records, enters data and retrieves data as needed.
* Analyzes and interprets data and prepares reports.
* Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
* Knowledge of applicable processes, techniques and methods.
* Knowledge of city practices, policy and procedures.
* Skill in oral and written communications.
* Skill in using computers and related software.
* Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
* Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
* Skill in planning and organizing.
* Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
* Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with city employees and the public.Click Here to Apply